Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP
miss liberty
Neophyte
Member # 9588

Icon 4 posted      Profile for miss liberty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, here goes...
my boyfriend and i were messing around and i was giving him fellatio/manual. He paused and told me to finger myself, and i did after wiping my hands off on my shorts. I then continued giving fellatio until he came. Afterwards I started panicing, because i realized we hadn't been safe...i'm also freaking out because i stopped my period the 23 and today is the 27, which i understand is my most fertile time. I've read the flow charts, but its really not helping to calm me. i know i could also say, well, he didn't come until after i fingered myself, but i realize there could be pre-ejaculate...i'm only 16, and i've got a very conservative family when it comes to sex and such, and if i were to get pregnant i would, literally, be disowned. also, i would pretty much be ruining my future if i conceived right now...i have very high marks in school and am planning to be a doctor...but i'm so scared right now i feel sick. If anyone could please just say something comforting, or give advice, i would appreciate it soooo much! also, i would have a lot of trouble getting to a planned parenthood because i think it closes before i get out of volleyball practice and if i miss practice you have to run A LOT....

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well sweetie, we're not necessarily in the business of providing comfort...if by that you mean you want us to say that there's no way you should be worried.

Here's about all I can offer you...you and your boyfriend have a pretty significant STD risk. If ejaculate or pre-ejaculate came into contact with your vulva, then you have a pregnancy risk too. My advice would be to take yourself and your boyfriend down to Planned Parenthood and get yourselves STD testing ASAP. When you call them to make the appointment, you can describe to them the incident and see if they feel you need emergency contraception (if it's been within the last 72 hours, that is).

Being safe doesn't just mean making sure you keep ejaculate away from your vulva so you don't get pregnant. STDs are a big deal. That's why you and your partner should be using condoms, dental dams, and latex gloves whenever you're sexually active. I can understand not wanting to miss practice to go down to Planned Parenthood (most locations are open on Saturdays too, btw), but think about how many practices you might have to miss if you get pregnant, or have to get treatment for an STD.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 10-27-2002).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.