Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just a quick question!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a quick question!
XiaXue
Neophyte
Member # 110864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XiaXue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off I'd like to apologize for posting frequently here but I do have several questions. As I said earlier I had protected sex on the 14th of this month, the condom was used perfectly and my boyfriend never came at all. It was also on the day I was ovulating as well. After that I spotted for three days afterwards. My period came on the 26th of last month.

Around that week I was really stressed and scared that I could somehow be pregnant even though all my friends and my doctor said it's impossible to do so if no semen came into contact with my vulva.

Now normally my breasts start hurting around this time and that's how I know my period will be coming, but my breasts haven't been hurting at all this week.

My question is is it because I was stressed the past week that it caused the hormones in my body to lower and not produce enough to make my period come on time?

My boyfriend said he'll buy me the test but I'm pretty sure if I take it, it will come up negative.

So my question is was it because I was stressed and freaking out that it caused my hormones to become lowered due to the anxiety I was feeling? And will my period actually come this month or next? It was my first time and I bled, and my friend did mention sometimes girls who bleed on their first time don't get their periods. I'm a bit anxious that this might be true.

Also I've been feeling cramps down my vaginal area for the past two days or so but nothing is coming out.

Any help is appreciated!

[ 07-22-2014, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: XiaXue ]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stress - or rather, our reactions to stress - can impact when a period arrives, to some extent, but so can other factors. You can read about that here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Are you charting your period at all? Do you have a sense of how long your average cycle is? It doesn't sound like you're actually late at this point, but even people with fairly regular cycles can have a longer or shorter one from time to time.

It sounds like taking a test might help ease your mind; most will be effective once it's been two weeks since your potential risk.

Also, I think this was addressed earlier, but bleeding during intercourse has no impact on whether your period comes or not; that's completely false.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XiaXue
Neophyte
Member # 110864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XiaXue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it usually comes around the 24th-26th of each month and lasts for 5 days. After that I start ovulating again.

And I know it's not yet time for my period to come but I'm just stressed out and worried it won't come at all this month because my breast area hasn't been feeling swollen at all this month, that's the reason why I'm worried my period is either late or won't come this month.

Also I asked on this site earlier regarding the potential risk and I don't think I am at risk at all. I even spoke to my doctor about it and she said no as well.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XiaXue
Neophyte
Member # 110864

The only reason why I am so nervous and anxious is because my breasts haven't been feeling swollen, which means my body is telling me my period is most likely delayed

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.