Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Switching BCP's Brands

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Switching BCP's Brands
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 5 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
So, it's been a little while since i don't post here.
So, now what's going on is that I went to my gyn, and she told me to switch my bcp to other brand that has a lower dose.

So i was on - i don't know if you guys are familiarized with the brands cause i'm from brazil - combined pill SELENE (etinilestradiol 0,035 mg / acetato de ciproterona 2,000 mg and i took it 21 days and had a pause of 7 days) and she prescribed me combined pill IUMI (drospirenona 3mg / etinilestradiol 0,02mg 24 pills, 4 days "rest")
She told me to finish my pack of SELENE, wait my 7 days pause, and start my new pack of IUMI the day i was supposed to start my pack of SELENE.

I want a second opinion if this procedure are safe and right.
Cause i started my first pill of IUMI today, but yesterday i had unprotected intercourse with my bf (i'm still having my withdrawal bleed)... am i still safe?
This switch of pills brands pose me any kind of risk?

Thank you very much.

(Ps: i remember you guys sugested me stop having sex that pose some risk of pregnancy cause i'm always asking questions about the effectiveness of methods and stuff, but i just didn't (stop). I'm learning to be more calm about things, but i trust here to post my doubts and concerns, and for these and that... thank you very much!)

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Volunteer Ruth
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 110582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Volunteer Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were within the 7 days of placebo pills or pause, then yes, you were protected by the pill that you were on previously.
Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.