Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Ortho Tri Cyclen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ortho Tri Cyclen
panda77
Neophyte
Member # 110838

Icon 5 posted      Profile for panda77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the middle of my 3rd pack of Ortho Tri Cyclen. Today my boyfriend and I had sex with a condom and he came. An hour or two later we had sex again but the condom started to dry out even with lubricant and we even tried using another condom but the same thing happened so we just took it off. He didn't bet up ejaculating the second time we just stopped. I was wondering if there could be a risk of pregnancy here. Thank you
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are taking the pill as directed, you should be able to lie on its protection. That is why using two methods is such a great idea: if one fails, you can fall back on the other. However, it also does not sound like you had a condom failure. A dry condom is more likely to break, but if the condom did not break, then you can also figure that it did its job. So, doesn't sound like there is anything to worry about here.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda77
Neophyte
Member # 110838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panda77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the condom got dry the second time we ended up not using one the second time after he came in the condom the first time. I was worried about semen left over.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you didn't use a backup method (your condom), then what that just means is, for any time you don't,m for whatever reason, you only have the protection your pill offers you. And if you are using your pill as directed, that's over 99% in one year of proper use, and around 91% in a year of typical use.

If you want to troubleshoot what happened with your condom here so next time around, you can be assured you have that backup, we're glad to do that with you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.