Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Wondering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wondering?
tacomama
Neophyte
Member # 110793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tacomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So about 2 weeks ago me and my boyfriend had dry sex and he was wearing only boxers and i had on nothing, he had precum and never ejaculated. I've been looking at your site and I've realized theres no or little risk of being pregnant and I was really freaking out that I was and my period is not 3 days late when normally its always on time. The only other time it's been noticeably late is when I stopped having gym class and before I had gym class its was always wonky.My question is, could my period be late due to stress/ change of routine?(its the summer so im sleeping in, lazing about, and not eating as much as i do in the school year)

--------------------
cc

Posts: 5 | From: Onatrio | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, tacomama! There are many reasons a period could be late. This article summarizes them for you: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tacomama
Neophyte
Member # 110793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tacomama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am worried about being pregnant, do you think the worry about that could dely my period further?

--------------------
cc

Posts: 5 | From: Onatrio | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you check out that article September linked to? It does mention stress as a possible delay. [Smile] Ultimately, though, there's really no reason to know why it's happening; all you can do is do your best to relax until it arrives.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tacomama
Neophyte
Member # 110793

Yes, I read it. I was just wondering if I keep being stressed, would it continue to delay my period.

--------------------
cc

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are not managing that stress well, yes, it can.

But regardless, you want to do what you can to chill yourself out, and regardless, all you can do is wait this out OR take a pregnancy test if you'd like an answer sooner, whichever you prefer.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tacomama
Neophyte
Member # 110793

im nervous about taking a pregnancy test in case its positive because ive never had sex

--------------------
cc

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it does not sound like you have engaged in any activities that can pose a pregnancy risk, there is no reason that test should be positive. Did you read the article? It lists all the common reasons a period may be late, maybe one of those seems to fit for you. But sometimes periods are also just late for no reason, and that's not a big deal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tacomama
Neophyte
Member # 110793

Alright [Smile] thank you all for your help and this website! its calmed me down so much and helped me through this. thank you!

--------------------
cc

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.