Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » condom and pregnancy question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom and pregnancy question
ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ogida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex with my girlfriend yesteday and during sex the condom was bunching up( it feels like the room I left on the tip was too much and it was pushing up toward the base of the condom during sex, maybe because of fiction). I had to take my penis out of her vagina and pulled the tip of the condom with my fingers because the condom was getting really tight on the tip because of the bunching up. I used the same condom all the time and I have never had this problem. I ejaculated and I stayed in her for a minute or so. My question is would the condom leak before of the bunching up. Is this activity still considered a safe sex per Pregnancy?

--------------------
Here now

Posts: 13 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ogida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would the condom leak because of the bunching? So should I be concerned about pregnancy because of this activity?

--------------------
Here now

Posts: 13 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that you had some more of the condom moving around on the shaft is not something that suggests, at all, the condom would not have been effective.

In fact, some styles of condoms engineered around increased pleasure intentionally are designed so that the part of the condom between the base and tip moves around more freely.

When it's sound to have concerns about condoms not being effective are when:
- You haven't stored them properly
- You have not had one on for all direct genital contact, rather than only some
- If it slips off the penis entirely, including during withdrawal
- If it breaks

Otherwise, we can assume a condom has done its job.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

Thank you. So did condom did it's job and I shouldn't worry about pregancy?

--------------------
Here now

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the only way we can know for sure any method of contraception has prevented a pregnancy is when the person using it who could become pregnant does not.

So, I can't say that with absolute certainty without knowing if your partner had a menstrual period after this happened, a negative pregnancy test or both. And for either of those things, y'all are just going to need more time than a day, and will have to just wait this out some until either she has her period, or it's time to take a test, if she wants to do that.

But I certainly see nothing to suggest it did NOT do it's job, or any reason for you to think it did not.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

From reading other forum on this site, I take it that unless a condom break or slips off the penis into the vagina we shouldn't worry about pregnancy?

--------------------
Here now

Heather
Member # 3

I just made you a little list three responses above this one that explains when it makes sense to be concerned about condom failure.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

So if the condom wasn't store properly and it didn't slipped up or break is it still
Doing it job?

--------------------
Here now

Heather
Member # 3

I'm not fond of typing the same things over and over again, so would really appreciate it if you'd please read and refer to the answers I already gave you to that question, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ogida
Neophyte
Member # 110769

Thanks for your time.

--------------------
Here now

Heather
Member # 3

You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.