Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering
pickleberry
Neophyte
Member # 108691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pickleberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, let me just start out by saying that I love this website and I really appreciate its existence. Alright so I've read through all of the pregnancy risk articles and the fingering+semen questions. I found that one answer to someones question said that the chances of pregnancy through fingering with semen was "minimal at best" whereas another article stated that manual sex posed NO risk. Also, another answer stated that sperm continues to live after being ejaculated. I had semen on my hand but had then wiped it with a towel, and may or may not have been traces and moisture left. Around four minutes later I fingered myself. I would like to know if this poses ANY risk even if the risk is minimal. Thank you so much. I know you're all probably tired of answering the same question over and over and dealing with paranoid people.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There may be a slight risk if someone has a handful of fresh semen and then puts that fresh semen in contact with a vulva. (So if your partner ejaculated on your hand and you immediately put that hand on your vulva, that poses a slight risk.) But if you wiped off your hands, then pregnancy is not something to be concerned about.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pickleberry
Neophyte
Member # 108691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pickleberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick reply! It really puts my mind at rest.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.