Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Not to sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not to sure
Uhohh
Neophyte
Member # 110024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uhohh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen, firstly I'd like to say thank you for all your help and support. Your website has often been a very comforting place when I've had no one to talk to.

But this is my question. You see, two days ago (July 1st) I engaged in sex. My boyfriend and I used a condom, as always and everything seemed okay. I didn't notice anything different upon withdrawal. However, when he was disposing of the condom, he noted that it hadn't been completely rolled down, but I didn't think anything of it. Then, half an hour later or so, he told me that after he had ejaculated he continued thrusting for maybe 30 seconds. The condom definitely didn't break, and to my knowledge didn't slip, although it hadn't been completely unrolled down the shaft (however it wasn't a massive amount that hadn't been unrolled.)
We haven't had any other condom problems, and they've always been used perfectly.
My period had just ended, and in fact there was still a little bit of blood present after sex (due to my period). My cycle is quite short, but fairly regular, give or take a day, and is due on the 20th of this month. Do you think this is a reason to worry, or should there be any reason to believe the condom may have failed? Could it have "leaked", or is that even possible?

Also just looking to know, how does a condom slip, and would you notice? I'm unsure quite what that means.

Thank you, and please reply as soon as you can so I can decide whether I should take any more steps to protect myself against pregnancy.

Posts: 9 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi uhohh,

As long as the condom does not not break or come off all the way, you can assume it did what it was supposed to. If the condom had been rolling up during intercourse, that might mean that there's a size issue, so trying out different sizes or brands might help prevent future rolling.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhohh
Neophyte
Member # 110024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uhohh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you 😊

Just for future reference what does it mean for a coondom to slip? Does that mean it comes off completely?

Posts: 9 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome [Smile]

And yep, you got it. When we say "slip off" we mean it's no longer on the penis at all.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.