Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Something I read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something I read
uhohoreos
Neophyte
Member # 110700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uhohoreos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read something from this site:
"In order for a pregnancy to occur, there has to be direct genital contact (penis to vulva/vagina) and/or fluids from a penis must contact a vulva. This obviously happens with vaginal intercourse, but it can also occur with female-receptive anal intercourse, and, though it's much less likely than with those other two sexual activities, could potentially happen if you or a partner had fingers with fresh semen on them which were then rubbed on the vulva or inserted into the vagina. It can also occur if, as in one of the questions above, a man ejaculates onto or very near your vulva."

I ejaculated on a wad of tissues and a bit of it got on my fingers. However, I wiped it off with tissues. Then I proceeded to finger her. After reading this, I kind of got scared again because this is different from what you've told me before. Is there really no chance of pregnancy?

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, the key word int he chunk you just posted is "fresh semen." As in, someone ejaculates on a hand and then immediately and deliberately places/wipes that hand on the vulva or in the vagina. That is not what you are describing in your situation, so the risk level we've already told has not changed.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uhohoreos
Neophyte
Member # 110700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uhohoreos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere that sperm cells are microscopic. Is it possible that there might have been some fresh sperm cells on my fingers even if I wiped the visible ones off my hands?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm are very fragile, so even if they're not visible, being wiped off and moved from place to place is going to damage them and make them not able to do what they do. You can read more about that here:
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

Beyond that, it sounds like engaging in this level of sexual activity is making you really anxious. We can chat with you about why, if you'd like, or give you some info on how to work out what (if any) sexual activities you're comfortable with.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uhohoreos
Neophyte
Member # 110700

I think I'm overreacting a lot. Thanks for clarifying though! It makes me feel a lot better! I've been reading a lot of comments from a lot of other places like Yahoo answers so I think I just got really paranoid from that.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're welcome. I think you're guess on why you're feeling freaked out is a pretty good one [Smile] Spaces like Yahoo answers are unmmoderated, so people can say whatever they like, no matter how inaccurate. You might want to keep this article handy for the future:
Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online

I think what might be sound for you to do right now is take a break from reading about pregnancy and pregnancy scares anywhere (including here) so you can stop feeding the freak-out mode. You might want to also try some of the suggestions from this article to help you feel calmer:
Self-Care a La Carte

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.