Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » how to be safe?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to be safe?
teenQuestions
Neophyte
Member # 110690

Icon 5 posted      Profile for teenQuestions     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My GF does not want to use BC pills, but i would like to be as safe as possible.
When we have sex I always use spermicidal condoms + "concptrol" a spermicidal gel.
by the time i get to full erection, i get pre ejaculatory fluid all over my hands so i might get some of it on the out-side of the condom while placing it with my hands.

does this act create a pregnancy risk ?
is this a safe practice ?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any time you're having intercourse, there will be some pregnancy risk. But using birth control properly will greatly reduce this.

We have a good article on proper condom use here: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Spermicidal gel (or even the small amount of spermicides on condoms) can be irritating to some people, so if your partner reports any discomfort after intercourse, you may want to explore other options. If a condom does not break, spermicides don't offer any additional protection, so if you have your condom use down perfectly, it's less likely to be needed. If you do have a break, however, the spermicide can help reduce the risk.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.