Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Anxiety and missing period, so scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anxiety and missing period, so scared
mw0210
Neophyte
Member # 110602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mw0210     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made a post a couple days ago about worrying that I was pregnant. This is not a repost I promise.

Here it is:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimateb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/029698.html

After reading the answers I was sure that I wasn't pregnant. However, I was supposed to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. I didn't think anything of it since it does occasionally come on the 22nd but it hasn't come yet. Then I started thinking about the brown discharged mentioned my in previous post and started worrying again. I have been stressing about being pregnant this entire month to the point where I get headaches, can't sleep, and feel nauseous so I know stress might be why it hasn't arrived yet. For the past couple days I've tried to not think about it by being around people and hanging out with my to reduce the stress and it work, but now that I'm two days late I'm starting to get worked up again. I got a period cramp a week ago for ten minutes but that's the only sign of oms I had.
I'm so paranoid and I don't know what to do. The only possible sign that I could be pregnant is the brown discharge which I thought could have been implantation bleeding, but it didn't look like blood at all. It was a medium brown color and has a gel like consistency and there was a huge glob of it. Like 3 tablespoons. Other than that there has been no other symptoms.
I am desperate for answers, please help!!

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of reasons why a period can be late or even skipped. Pregnancy is not the only one, especially when there was not even a pregnancy risk to worry about. You can lean about late/missing periods in here:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious and I can totally understand that, but since we already gave you the facts about how pregnancy can happen,maybe the best thing to do now is work on your anxiety because the facts will not change.

How about some Self-Care now?

Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.