Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » spotting and breast tenderness?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: spotting and breast tenderness?
carlzz
Neophyte
Member # 110589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carlzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've had a couple of pregnancy scares very recently.... I had sex about a week ago and even though we used protection, I still took plan b. I know there are some side effects, but I'm still experiencing them and that worries me. Also, the other day, my boyfriend and I were fooling around and his penis grazed my vagina accidentally. I'm extremely worried about that too, even though it only happened for about .2 seconds. Today, I'm extremely bloated, my boobs hurt way more than usual, and I've been spotting for a couple of days. My period is supposed to start in about 10 days. Does this sound normal even though it's been about a week since plan b? Should I be worried about the accidental touching or am I freaking out about nothing? I just need reassurance.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Carlzz! Welcome to the boards! [Smile]

For the "accidental touching", This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer.

Per the symptoms you are describing, is good to rememeber that taking Plan B, indeed has some side effects, one of those is making your period a little weird for some time. Spotting may happen, too.

Also, keep in mind that if and when a pregnancy happens, it takes more than just a week to show symptoms. Even the earliest ones.

If you took Plan B before the 120 hours window, there's nothing you can do now but to wait. Here you can have information about EC and its efficiency rates: Emergency Contraception

You can also take a pregnancy test if you want to be sure Plan B worked. But if you used a condom properly and it didn't break or slip, you can trust it did its work. [Smile]

[ 06-20-2014, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carlzz
Neophyte
Member # 110589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carlzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it normal for Plan B to be effecting me for this long after I took it? Google has messed me up, for I googled WAAAAY too much and freaked myself out.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You said you took Plan B last week, right? If so, yes. Plan B can mess up with your body for a little bit longer than that. Can't tell you exactly how long as it would depend totally on your body and there's nothing even you can do about it.

My advice would be to stop "google-ing" and better take care of yourself if you are feeling anxious. Have you seen this article we have on the site?

Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.