Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » condom filling up on the side first?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom filling up on the side first?
bingbooboo
Neophyte
Member # 109443

Icon 8 posted      Profile for bingbooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
My boyfriend and i were having sex and we used condoms. he also said that he pulled out before he ejaculated.. but when i saw the condom - the semen were on the sides (around his shaft but inside the condom ? but not at the tip (even though we left space for it - squeezing it before putting it on etc)
Is this normal? Should i be worried that some have leaked out/the condom broke?
Thanks,
bingbooboo

Posts: 6 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms are designed not to leak. If what you saw was inside the condom, there doesn't seem to be a particular concern about that fluid being outside the condom. If a condom breaks, it will be obvious.

I'm not quite sure what you're describing - are you saying that your boyfriend ejaculated after intercourse, in the condom? If so, it would be a little strange for the ejaculate (also called semen) to be in the shaft of the condom and not the tip, because condoms are designed to hold fluids from the penis in the tip. In that case, you still would not need to be concerned about that fluid because his penis and the condom was already away from your body. You might want to double-check your condom usage: Condom Basics: A User's Manual to be sure that you're fully protected in the future.

Fluid that you might see around the inside of the condom is any lube that you used, or the very small amount of lube that comes with the condom. Sometimes with the friction and movement of intercourse, that lube can look a bit white and frothy. That Would be normal, and not a cause for concern.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bingbooboo
Neophyte
Member # 109443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bingbooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Redskies!
yes, my boyfriend pulled out just before he ejaculated but somehow the semen ended up around the shaft and not the tip - the tip was still deflated - that was why i was worried that the tip has bursted…
but again if it had, the semen wouldn't even be collected around the shaft as it would be quite obvious as you said?
thanks again.

Posts: 6 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When condoms break, it's like a break in a balloon - even a small tear gets bigger quickly due to all that friction. So if it had broken, it would be pretty easy to see.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.