Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Missed period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed period
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abacaba         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I was supposed to get my period on May 30, but I haven't yet. Is it too soon to worry? The only sexual encounter I've had was this month was on May 10. My boyfriend and I dry humped but he had boxers and khaki shorts on while I had leggings and a thong that were pretty wet with my own fluid. He just had a small dot of precum visible on his shorts. I've asked if this situation was a pregnancy risk, and you all answered no, and I read many articles on your site that explain it thoroughly so that I could determine that dry humping was not a pregnancy risk. Since what I did didn't pose a risk, are there other reasons it may be late? Such as stress and sudden decrease in exercise? Or is it a rare situation where somehow his precum soaked through since my pants were wet?? I highly doubt I'm pregnant since I've read on your site and others that there is no risk, but I just think it's odd my period hasn't come. [Frown] can you give me some reasons as to why it might be late?
Posts: 13 | From: America | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods can be late for a bunch of different reasons. You can read more about that here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/mia_or_dude_wheres_my_period

Something else to keep in mind is that your period may not even be late yet. Even those people with very regular cycles will have a few days variation now and then, and that's not something to be concerned about.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

That made me feel better. [Smile] I stressed ever since I dry humped to be honest. Also, I had a small amount of blood on the 20th and on the day I was supposed to get my period(the 30th). That blood was brown.. Is that normal??
Posts: 13 | From: America | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you had some spotting, which happens sometimes. Brown blood usually just means that it's older blood. Spotting isn't usually anything to worry about, but if it keeps happening you can always check in with a healthcare provider.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

Oh okay thank you. [Smile] by the way, the situation I described poses no risk, correct? I was confident that my situation couldn't pose a pregnancy, but now that I missed my period, my mind is starting to worry./: In the one of the dry humping articles, I read that there has to be fluid contact.. Does that count if he had a small dot of precum on his shorts and my leggings were very wet from my own fluids? Or did it mean that there has to be bare genital contact to have fluid exchange? Does my situation differ from regular dry humping? Thanks!!
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

& I'm sorry I'm asking about this.. I do understand that dry humping doesn't pose a pregnancy risk, but I'm just confused on the fluid contact part of it. Sorry again, thanks for being helpful!!
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fluid exchange - for STI or pregnancy risks - would mean the fluids of one person getting DIRECTLY into someone else's body. So, not through clothes. Also, see this link: You Cannot Become Pregnant When You Have Pants On

If you're repeatedly feeling a lot of worry about this, that's indicating to you that you need to do something differently in future. Do you think you're completely comfortable and ready for this kind of sex?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

No, I'm not ready for any of that kind of sex yet. & I told my boyfriend no more for a while. It wasn't a good idea in the first place, especially since I'm a huge worrier. So with the fluid exchange, any kind of clothing, even very thin leggings that were very wet, would prevent his precum from getting on me whatsoever or in strong enough conditions to make me pregnant.That's what I've gathered.. Is that correct? [Embarrassed] & I will read the article right now [Smile]
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about you read it first before asking more questions? Especially since it was given to you because it has the answers? [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

Lol as soon as I read it I realized I should of read it first. Thanks! I understand that we had more than enough layers to block the sperm.. And that I can't get pregnant with my pants on!! Haha [Smile] so that I can become more educated on the subject though(for future reference and to help my friends if they ever have scares), can you explain to me or send me to an article describing why can't sperm go through clothes? Particularly precum. Is it because they aren't strong enough to travel through the clothing? Or because the clothing dries them up? Like I understand it's not possible, I just would like to know the reason why it's not possible [Smile] thanks again!
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

(Just as a reminder, the user registration agreement everyone says they agree to includes y'all agreeing to read things before posting something new. So, moving forward, you'll want to get in the habit of using the search engine right on the top right of every page of the main site before posting a question. Thanks!)

One of the troubles with a question like that is that it's based on misunderstanding how reproduction happens in the first place.

In other words, even if sperm cells themselves could tunnel their way through fabric, that still would leave them without a bunch of the things needed BESIDES just sperm cells (like the fluids fabric absorbs, for instance) for a pregnancy to be likely, let alone possible. Human reproduction is about WAAAAAAAAAY more than just sperm cells, who truly cannot do jack all by themselves.

This piece explains all that is needed in depth and detail for you: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacaba
Neophyte
Member # 110327

So sorry! I completely forgot to think about searching for the articles with the search bar [Frown] & okay that definitely clears it up for me!! Thank you!
Heather
Member # 3

Not a problem, and you're welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.