Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I've seen conflicting information, does pre-ejaculate contain sperm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've seen conflicting information, does pre-ejaculate contain sperm?
A Randomer
Neophyte
Member # 110272

Icon 5 posted      Profile for A Randomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Around here, the answer is no but I've seen other teen health websites say that it does contain sperm.

Also, a little side question. While I've read on here that manuel sex can't cause pregnancy, other websites says it can. Are there any reported cases of this?

Thanks in advance.

[ 05-07-2014, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: A Randomer ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you point to where we've said that pre-ejaculate does not contain sperm? Because it absolutely can, and if we've given incorrect information somewhere that needs to be changed.

To clarify: it doesn't contain sperm itself, but can pick up sperm from the urethra that are hanging around after a previous ejaculation. This is unlikely to happen if a person with a penis has urinated after ejaculating, but there's no way to know for sure, which is why it's always safest to act as if sperm are present.

Per your second question, we're not responsible for what other websites say, as explained here: http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000378.html

All we can tell you is that we stand by the information we give, which is that manual sex does not pose a risk of pregnancy. If you want clarification about the information presented elsewhere, you'll have to check with the individuals responsible for that information.

[ 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Randomer
Neophyte
Member # 110272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Randomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So if someone's urinated along with a shower, pre-ejaculate as surves as literally, no risk? Or is there still a slim chance?
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just not possible to be sure that there are no sperm, so it can't be no risk, if you're doing activities which can result in pregnancy. It is possible to co-create a pregnancy from genital-to-genital contact without ejaculation and with no barrier (like clothes or a condom) or contraception, so for anyone who does not want to co-create a pregnancy, we strongly recommend that people do not engage in direct genital-to-genital contact without contraception.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.