Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Precum and fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum and fingering
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worried_teen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Iive read through other topic posts and I appreciate you get asked questions like this all the time!! The thing is, I trust scarleteen and you have helped me so much in the past so this is the most reliable site I could ask this to!! was hoping you could help clarify some points for me. My boyfriend and I have engaged in manual sex a few times, and although he says he didn't, is it possible for me to become pregnant through him accidentally transferring pre-cum to my vagina? It would probably have been wiped off in the process, but I was wondering if it was possible, especially if he penetrated me 'deeply'?? I have researched it thoroughly and sound many conflicting opinions, and I wanted to get a clear answer! Also, could you become pregnant through 'dry sex' with underwear on?! Even if I was 'sitting on top of him'?? I appreciate I may look too ill-advised to do these things, but I feel completely comfortable with it and my parents are aware of our relationship. I quite often get scared of pregnancy and I would like to have the most reliable information in my power, so we can change things in future. After the first time I was scared, we made sure we were extra careful, but I want to know what the consequences would be!! Also at the moment I feel the need to urinate all the time. I know that googling my symptoms doesn't help, but what could the explanation for this be?! Also, is it possible to get your 'normal' period whilst being pregnant? Also, is going on the pill worth it, if we've both decided to wait ffor actual sex? We are both free from STIs btw. Thank you!!! [Smile]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, worried_teen!

In terms of your fears regarding pregnancy tests, I suggest that you start by taking a look at this article: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It is not possible to have a period and be pregnant. So if you are having your regular period, you can know that you are not pregnant.

If you don't want to start hormonal birth control while you're not yet engaging in activities that may cause pregnancy risks, you can instead make sure to have some condoms at hand just in case.

And lastly, frequent urination may be a symptom of a urinary tract infection. So, it would be a smart idea to make an appointment to be seen by your doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Hey thanks for replying so quickly!! I dot seem to have regular periods, I did for a few months, and when I starts being more sexually active they seemed to stop being so regular, perhaps due to stress?! I am 'late' this month and I tend to experience a bit of spotting, but you can assure me that the activities I have described cannot get me pregnant? As in you'd need a sufficient amount of ejaculate for it to be a possibility? Not a small amount of pre-cum? I may still take a test but until then id like to know the facts? I thought too that I may have a UTI, but I don't have a burning sensation when I urinate? Thanks so much for the advice! [Smile]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Hey thanks for replying so quickly!! I dot seem to have regular periods, I did for a few months, and when I starts being more sexually active they seemed to stop being so regular, perhaps due to stress?! I am 'late' this month and I tend to experience a bit of spotting, but you can assure me that the activities I have described cannot get me pregnant? As in you'd need a sufficient amount of ejaculate for it to be a possibility? Not a small amount of pre-cum? I may still take a test but until then id like to know the facts? I thought too that I may have a UTI, but I don't have a burning sensation when I urinate? Thanks so much for the advice! [Smile]
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long have you been menstruating? How do you chart your periods? When you say late, what do you mean by that - how many days to you consider late?

If you don't have a burning sensation while urinating, then you may have a very light case of UTI, or the start of one. How long has this been going on? If this has been going on for a few days, I would still suggest you get it checked out. If it only just started, you can also give it another day or two to see what happens, before you call your doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Maybe for 18months?? I'm not quite sure. And I usually get them on the 14th but they sometimes go through less regular phases, eg last months ended on about the 25th. It may have been late due to exam stress though. Okay I will get it checked out! Is it worth being concerned about the pregnancy risk from precum during fingering and dry humping?!?!
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Does this mean that I could be pregnant?!?!?!?!
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As September already said earlier -- and if you read the link she sent -- manual sex doesn't pose a risk of pregnancy. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

And also, if you have only had your period for 18 months, it is very normal for it to still be a bit irregular. It takes a while for the menstrual cycle to become regular.

It also doesn't sound, however, like you are charting correctly. If your period arrives on the 14th of every month, it is actually irregular. To start correctly charting your period, simply write down the first day of your period, and then count the days until the first day of your next period. The number of days in between is how long your menstrual cycle is. Once you've done that for a few months, you'll be able to see how long your cycle is on average, and that will allow you to predict your periods better.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Thank you so much guys!! This has really reassured me, I know to be better prepared in future, and ill book an appointment with the doctor! Also, I shall chart my periods better in future!! Thanks for giving me clear info, you always help and I know to only pay attention to this site's advice in future!! [Smile]
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

hey guys,

my period still hasn't arrived. I have sore boobs which i assume is a sign my period is soon. i still haven't been to the doctor, but i think my frequent urination is physiological, as apparently I've had this in the past. i have the opportunity to buy a test tomorrow with my boyfriend, but I'm very nervous about this, as i think i will probably see someone i know, and this makes me even more stressed. Is it essential for me to take a test do you think, or is it impossible i am pregnant, and therefore i should avoid the stress of being seen?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's for you to decide if you want to take a test or not and if you think that will help you stop worrying about this.

We can't tell you what will help you and what will not: that's something you will know best.

That said, sometimes to do something to help ourselves, we do have to step out of our comfort zones a little bit, like buying a test. So, because you feel nervous about buying one should not be something to let deter you if you think that actually taking one will make you feel a lot better.

Of course, there also is always the option of getting a test done at a clinic or doctor's office, too, if you prefer that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Thanks!! I have spoke to my boyfriend and he is going to buy one later today. I need to know for sure, and while I'm hoping I'm not pregnant, the quicker I know either way the better I can deal with whatever happens. Also I figure I shouldn't be doing this sort of sexual activity if I can't face it, all it is is peeing on a stick!! I'll let you all know how I get on! [Smile]
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Hey guys!!

Quick question in general: does it matter if you don't have much urine on the stick?! Like would it come up as inconclusive, rather than just negative?! Also, are own brands (morrisons) less reliable than say, clear blue?! Or will it detect either way?! Sorry for the (final!!) question!! Thanks! [Smile]
So i took the test and it was negative [Big Grin] my boyfriend was so supportive about it, and I'm happy I can get on with my life and exams now, but I've learnt some valuable lessons!! DONT STRESS. I can't emphasise this enough!! If you did something scarleteen says doesn't make you pregnant, IT DOESNT. And the best way to prove this to yourself is to take a test! You can be late for so many reasons [Smile] I'm really pleased this has worked out, but I won't engage in pregnancy risk activities till I'm on birth control, as I know I'd get so stressed out!! Thanks for helping me through this guys [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just want to follow the directions. Whatever test you buy, and one brand is not better than the next. If you followed the directions, you can trust the result.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

I can't really remember, but I don't think I peed on the test for 10 seconds as I didn't have enough urine to do so, maybe like 6? And I don't think I left it for 3 minutes either, I didn't time it but probably only 1 minute as I was nervous. Should I take another one or leave it, ask I have no risk, it might be correct, and I found it quite stressful?!
Heather
Member # 3

Only you can know if you followed the instructions or not, and only you can decide if you feel you need to retest.

And if you do not know what you did per following the directions or not, we really cannot possibly know.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

worried_teen
Neophyte
Member # 109995

Do I NEED to retest? I'm concerned about mine and the baby's health if I am, but it was so stressful?!
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, as Heather already said:

quote:
Only you can know if you followed the instructions or not, and only you can decide if you feel you need to retest.

And if you do not know what you did per following the directions or not, we really cannot possibly know.

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.