Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » The Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Pill
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avi13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I Just have a question iv been on the pill for 3 months going on to 4 months now am i fully protected now that i have been on the pill so long i have not missed a day and have been taking it at the same time everyday..

thanks for all the support and help you guys have given me

many Thanks
Avi13

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xo_emilyrose
Neophyte
Member # 110072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xo_emilyrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took your first ever pill (from the first pack) during your period, then you would've been protected from pregnancy immediately. If not, it takes 7 days for the pill to become effective so you would've been fully protected a long time ago. You're always protected, even during your 7 day break/placebo week, provided you've been taking the pill correctly as you said you have.
Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avi13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correctly meaning on time in order everyday?
Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(emilyrose, this board is in the Ask Scarleteen section, which is for staff and volunteer replies only. We welcome everyone's input on all the boards in the Scarleteen Central section, so we'll be very happy if you want to reply to people there [Smile]

Someone starting the pill during their period should still wait or use a back-up for seven days to ensure that they're protected from pregnancy, and we recommend waiting or using a back-up for the whole of the first pack, to be very sure. Waiting for the whole pack is more important if someone started taking the pill when they were not having their period.)

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
avi13, if you're taking your pill at the same time every day (and you're not taking any medication which might make it less effective), you can expect to have all of the protection that the pill offers. Pregnancy would be very unlikely.

The pill is very effective at preventing pregnancy, but no method is perfect, so for people who we really don't want to become pregnant, we recommend using a back-up method too. With two methods, the chance of pregnancy is very, very tiny.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.