Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Late period or stressed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period or stressed?
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Icon 5 posted      Profile for worriedperson912         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! I have read many forums sayign that there is no pregnancy risk with dry humping, so that gave me relief [Smile] But im still a bit bummed out how im not getting my period.. Im wondering if its because ive been stressing about it, and i readsomewhere if you get a cold it might delay it, is that true? Cuz i have a little cold that i just healed from. I've been getting cramps, and getting pimples, but still nothing. Oh and im not sure if my period is regular or irregular but my last one was started Feb 28 and lasted for about 5/6 days. Thank you!! [Smile]

[ 04-07-2014, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: worriedperson912 ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards!

There are a number of things, including illness, that can delay a period. Sometimes periods can also be later than expected for no apparent reason. We have more information in our article: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriedperson912         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I have read the article, and I have been really active and exercising lately, i've also been stressed from the fear of getting pregnant but now i know theres no risk (theres no risk right??). But ive been getting a lot of discharge, is that a symptom of getting your period?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The type of discharge you get can correlate to where you are in your cycle, and you can read about the normal types of discharge here:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Hi i would say im getting the clear and thin one, and it says it because of ovulation. But on the other article given it says that youll need to ovulate to get your period? Is that right? Then why am i not getting my period? Sorry im kind of paranoid because im not getting it [Frown]
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this article might help you:
On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

[ 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That type of discharge is most commonly associated with ovulation, but it may happen at other times as well (discharge is a good indicator, but not a perfect one). And, as for why your period has not arrived, you've already read over the possible reasons for that. We can't tell you the exact one that may be happening.

If you're feeling anxious, you may want to do some self-care as well: Self-Care a La Carte

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Oh okay, thank you so much. But im not pregnant right?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

If the only behavior you engaged in was dry humping, you already know the answer to this question.

[ 04-07-2014, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Okay, thank you. Thats all [Smile]
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Hello,
So youre saying it is just coming late not missed? But im still paranoid because i usually get my period end of the month [Frown] and i still havent gotten it yet :/ and many people say a regular cycle is 28-40 days, and im going past that.. [Frown] sorry im just a little scared [Frown]

[ 04-10-2014, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: worriedperson912 ]

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you read in the article on late periods, changes in exercise routines and stress can both contribute to a period being late, but sometimes it just happens for no reason at all. If you go more than three months without a period, then it would be sound to talk to a healthcare provider about it, but for now, the best thing you can do is just do your best to relax.

Have you tried any of the strategies from the self-care article?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Oh okay, thank you, yes i have tried the strategies in that article. But just to clarify theres no pregnancy risk from what i did?
Puneet
Neophyte
Member # 110026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Puneet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Am I posting my question on the right page?
Anyway, the issue is that I took an i pill 2-3 weeks ago and had no withdrawal bleeding. Now that my period is due 10 days from now, I started bleeding today- how do I know whether this is an early period or withdrawal bleeding?

Posts: 1 | From: UAE | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Puneet, we ask people to start their own thread to ask their own question so that we can keep track [Smile] You can do that by clicking "new topic", which you can find towards the bottom of the page on the left, underneath the "reply" box. Thanks!

worriedperson, I think we've already been very clear on the answer to your last question [Smile] You Cannot Become Pregnant When You Have Pants On

We've also gone over with you how periods are sometimes late, or missed altogether, and it's a normal variation. When you have not done anything that can possibly cause pregnancy, you can be certain that a late period is late because of one of the other possible reasons and not because of pregnancy.

At this point, what you need to do is keep doing self-care for as long as and every time you feel worried, and focus on other things while you wait for your period to come whenever it comes. As you feel this worried about the sexual activity you did, it's also worth asking yourself if you feel truly ready for it. Feeling this worried isn't fun for anyone, and I'm sure you'd rather not be in this spot again.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Hi, by "you cant get pregnant when you have pants on" does that mean all clothes or pants only? I know that it might just be late, im just worried because for the previous three months ive been getting my period at the end of the month [Frown] .
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

This is a link: You Cannot Become Pregnant When You Have Pants On

Please click it!

--------------------

worriedperson912
Neophyte
Member # 109993

Hello, so i ended up getting my period a few weeks ago, but today i got discharge with blood in it, is this bad or am i getting my period soon. because i havent gotten anymore blood since then, but is it too soon to get my period since i just finished mine 3 weeks ago?

[ 05-06-2014, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: worriedperson912 ]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are not uterine psychics, so cannot possibly know when your period is coming or if this is or is not your period starting.

So, you will just have to wait over the next day or so and see if this continues or not, and if it seems like your period or not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.