Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused
Melody96
Neophyte
Member # 109436

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Melody96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so my partner and i had sex and he used a condom and pulled out when he came.. and when he took the condom off he must have spilled a bit on my lower bottom (so not on my vagina)..and i wiped it off as soon as i realised. He checked the condom for any holes and there weren't any. so I guess i'm still safe? As i said a couple of days ago, i'm on the pill but i'm on antibiotics so people say it may reduce the pills efficiency..but with condoms its fine. I wouldnt be worried about this if it were a normal month and I wasn't on antibiotics cos i pretty much rely on the pill for safety, but since this minor thing happened it set my brain into worry mode. Am I worrying for nothing? I'm also not 100% sure about the pills efficiency being deducted because of antibiotics, some articles say "It's now thought the only types of antibiotic that interact with hormonal contraception and make it less effective are rifampicin and rifabutin". sorry for the paragraph..

--------------------
*Melody*

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melody96
Neophyte
Member # 109436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melody96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And also when i wiped it off I wiped my vagina just in case there was any on the outer area..but doesn't sperm die when it is exposed to air? so even if I got some on the vulva when he spilt, it wouldve been exposed to air so it doesnt make sense to travel to the egg? I always take a shower after intercourse and check to see if i see any sign of sperm but usually all I find is the transparent sticky stuff which is probably the condoms lube.. (sorry for TMI !..). I keep saying to myself, if we checked the condom, he literally stretched it and tilted it up and down to see that no cum came out, I guess it is unlikely to cause a pregnancy from some spilt cum right ? sorry for all the craziness

--------------------
*Melody*

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you give either your doctor or pharmacist a call, they'd have a better idea as to whether the antibiotic your on will interfere with your pill's effectiveness or not.

We can't know exactly where the semen ended up; if someone ejaculates directly onto a partner's vulva there is a pregnancy risk from that, but it sounds like your situation wasn't that clear-cut. We can't say there was no risk at all, but it's minimal at best. And just so you know, even if antibiotics do impact the pill's effectiveness, that doesn't mean it's not doing anything at all! So you would still have a decent amount of protection.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.