Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Scared and risks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared and risks
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizzcub55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scarleteen. So my stress all began on January 24 when me and my girlfriend were getting intimate and I fingered her, but I was a fraud I had a little bit of pre cum on my hands before this even though I rubbed it in and off my hand only on my clothing. We took plan b the next day and she received her period on February 2, her normal time. My stress was gone until 3 days later on February 25 we were intimate again and I rolled over on her with my, you know what exposed, but she had a pair of leggings, thong and tampon all covering her genital. Anyways I was afraid I got again some pre cum in that area, but this time we did not take plan b. then on the 16th again were intimate but I was yet again afraid with the though of pre cum as I barely touched her genital, through her thong. She then took plan b again and received her period on March 3 and it was normal, running 7 days. I was not stressed until I heard of decidual bleeding. So I guess what I'm asking his what are my risks in this scenario and if the periods could of possibly been this decidual bleeding. Thank you
Posts: 26 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the risks of what you described, you can start by reading this:
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000
And this:
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

If she got something that looked like and felt like her period, and lasted for a normal period length, it is sound to assume this was her period.

[ 03-12-2014, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizzcub55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for all the asking of questions . So if there is any "messing around" while there are clothes on there is no risk? Even if the clothes are thin like underwear and yoga pants? And also would the tampon help hold any fluid that could of come into contact with the pre cum?
Posts: 26 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, underwear and yoga pants still count as clothes, so dry humping or other activities that happen while at least one person is clothed do not pose a risk. An exception to this is thongs, since they can get pushed or moved about very easily, leading to direct contact.

And, again, the fact that your girlfriend has had her period means that she cannot be pregnant.

It sounds like engaging in this kind of sex is proving stressful for you, so it might be a sound idea to scale back your activities until you feel more sure of a) what carries a risk and b)you are comfortable taking those risks.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Yea me and her have pretty much agreed to stop just due to the amount of stress caused. Thanks for all the help!
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Hey scarleteen! I just want to thank you for the help but I had one last question from the above conversation that was not really answered. My question relates to the dry humping incident and, yes I do know that there is no risk in dry humping unless there is direct fluid contact. My question is that although my girlfriend was wearing a thing and yoga pants and there may or may not have been sufficient fluid present, would the tampon she had in act as a sort of vacuum so to speak? I'm wondering this because I know the purpose of a tampon is to absorb blood during a period, but would that also absorb any fluid that could leave the vagina and come into contact with the pre ejaculate? Thank you
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Nope, that kind of behavior by a tampon is pretty unlikely to begin with, and given the other conditions (e.g the presents of clothing), it was not something that changed the risk level.
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

So this would not act as another barrier so to speak? I'm not worried just curious and a little confused as I know there is no risk with the dry humping.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood slightly. But no, a tampon does not act as a barrier to pregnancy by absorbing sperm.
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

I'm not as concerned about the sperm but more about the fluid that may come into contact with the sperm if it were leaked out. For instance if she were becoming wet from becoming "excited" would the tampon help in absorbing those fluids that could possibly leak and come into contact?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you asking if a tampon would absorb her own fluids? It would absorb some of her fluids, but not all of it. Someone wearing a tampon while they are aroused is still likely to have fluid in the lower part of the vagina.

Also, I'm wondering if there's some misunderstanding about fluid contact. Fluids coming into contact only becomes a concern for STIs or pregnancy if there's a possibility of those fluids re-entering someone's body, for example via the genitals or a cut.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

So let's take this scenario into account: a girl is on her period and has a tampon in. She proceeds to become sexually aroused and wet, but she does have a thong and yoga pants on. So any fluid that would come out and so to say soak the pants would have to work it's way through the tampon, thong, and leggings and then if it did come into contact with semen that's same fluid would have to work itself all the back through the pants thong and tampon? Just curious because I'm not sure if she was wet enough to soak through her pants in the case of dry humping
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide ? That should explain to you how pregnancy can and cannot happen, and answer this question for you.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Hey scarleteen, would just like to say I'm pretty much done stressing after what you told me but in reference to decidual bleeding (or first trimester bleeding) I recently found a study and was wondering if it is credible and maybe it could give you guys so info if it is.

The webpage is: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884141/?report=classic

Not freaking just a little curious
Thanks guys!

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't look like this is giving any different information than what we generally state about bleeding during pregnancy, in that it's not particularly common and if it does happen is going to be very light.

If you have specific questions about this, as with any other information you find online, your best bet is to contact the source of that info for more clarification. We really can't get into the heads or methodology of anyone else! http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000378/p/1.html

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizzcub55
Neophyte
Member # 109770

Thanks! Was just seeing if this research supports what you guys believe or if the study may be helpful to people worrying about this type of phenomenon and give others the "statistical" view of it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.