Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What's the deal with periods.geting frustrated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's the deal with periods.geting frustrated
worrytoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 108430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worrytoomuch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in august/September i had a late period 40 days after the end of a bleeding. My periods in October and November came on exactly 21 days after the end of the last day of bleeding.
So far it has been 37 days since the last day of bleeding. My last one ended December 31. I DONT have sore breasts or back/headaches. I DO have an increase in acne along my chin and jaw line. My nipples were sore for 3 days last week but are no longer sore.

-What's the deal?
-Will my periods ever be regular?
-Should I even bother being worried about this irregularity?

PS There has been no bare touching of genitals. I dry humped but always one or both of us had underwear on. And there was another occasion where there was only my bathing suit bottoms but the chlorine in the hot tub and heat along with one layer add to the impossibility if pregnancy. Also he did not ejaculate. Only possible pre stuff.

My sleeping and eating patterns changed starting january 6 because of college. I have been getting less sleep with new class schedule for college and don't have a regular eating pattern. Some days I only eat once. Stressed about midterms and other life stuff.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi worrytoomuch,

It looks like, in past threads, we've given you the M.I.A Period article. That's also a good place to look for explanations on why you may be having irregular periods.

You may be correct the stress you are feeling might be a cause of your period irregularity. However, there's no way for us to say for certain what the cause is. So, if you are finding the irregularity frustrating, it might be time to schedule an appointment with a health care provider. They may be able to give you a better sense of what might be causing the irregularity and, if you would like, discuss your options for creating a more regular cycle.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.