Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » menstruation cycle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: menstruation cycle
afrojunk
Activist
Member # 104756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for afrojunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my gf used her pil correctly for one month and didnt want a period so she continued because it was more convenient while on vacation
Then she stopped the second cycle starting the third week of the second month with her pill, she then got her period.
now she has taken pill for 2 weeks and she suddenly starts.bleeding like in her period. what to do? do she have a period or is it a hormonal issue?

Posts: 55 | From: Holland | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two likely options: either she is having spotting (which is a side effect of oral BC) or it is her period, as even on BC they can arrive early.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afrojunk
Activist
Member # 104756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for afrojunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but she has two weeks of pill left, does she have to continue it or not? note that we had sex a week ago
Posts: 55 | From: Holland | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she stopped her BC before her pack was over, then she was using it incorectly. You will want to back up with condoms for the time being. This incorrect use of the pill is also likely the reason for the irregular bleeding.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afrojunk
Activist
Member # 104756

she continued the pill after one month. i dont how to say this in english. but she went pn vacation so continued to use pill because of the vacation. and then she said that she heard that when you continue to a new pack she can stop earlier if it gets uncomfortable. she got her period 2 weeks ago because she used her pill for one month and continued without her period

but the point is, she knows for 100% that she has her period at the moment, and have been using the pill for 2 weeks of this cycle. is her pill going to adjust itself to her new cycle pr does she have to use the pill for 4 weeks after at the beginning for her new pill week?

[ 02-02-2014, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: afrojunk ]

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of what she did before, she should now continue to take the pill as directed. If she does more experiments, it will only take the body longer to get back to her regular cycle.

And next time, if she wnats to use her pills to skip a withdrawal bleed, she will want to consult her doctor, first.

(Also, if you two are having sex, you will want to back up with condoms until the start of her next pack, just to be sure.)

[ 02-02-2014, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afrojunk
Activist
Member # 104756

okayy thank you. thats helpful but her body will adjust itself to the pill cycle then? okayy well we wont have sex, because i want it to get normal again first
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Yes, if she keeps taking the pill as directed, her body will return to its regular cycle.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.