Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Period No Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period No Show
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avi13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Please someone help me

I have not got my period as yet i was ment to get it on Monday but still nothing

I have all the symptoms and still nothing please someone help me i am really freaking out!!

Thanks

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We already began talking about this with you, here http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000220/p/1.html#000000

We're happy to help you, but we need you to do your bit too. So, can you read what I already linked you to - Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? - or let us know if you're having a problem with that, and we'll take it from there.

It's only two days after you expected your period. That's a very normal and common variation, and at two days, your period is not yet late at all.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avi13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry but i really dont know what to do

about this im stressing out

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that you don't know what to do.

In your other thread, you sounded worried about pregnancy. So, the first thing you do is read this link: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? . If you can't read it, please let us know. After you read it, you can ask us anything about what you read.

As I said, it's really normal for a period to be a few days later than expected. Can you tell us why you're worried that yours hasn't come yet? Is anything else worrying you?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi..

Yes i dont know if i got pregnant from my bf fingering me and maybe some how got me pregnant i.e sperm or sumthn on his fingers.. because still no period been suffering with server cramps and white clear discharge has been coming out alot but still nothing i have no idea what is happening with me

avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Also just to add if i press down on ny lower abdomen its hard n if u press it it causes my lower back to pain
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

If you had read the information that I keep linking you to, you would have read that it is not possible to become pregnant from what you describe. Please read what we ask you to read: it's written by us so that we don't have to write the same thing in reply to many different people.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It's fairly common to get cramps before a period. There's no cause for concern with that. If you have very severe pain, you should see a healthcare provider.

It's normal to have discharge sometimes. If it's white, it doesn't smell very bad and you don't have any discomfort or itching, that discharge is very likely perfectly normal discharge and nothing to worry about.

--------------------

avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi

Thank you for the link..

I am just worrying about my period and getting a little cranky sorry.. because i still have not gotten my period

Thanks for all the help

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

It's really not unusual for a period to come later than it was expected sometimes. There are lots of very ordinary reasons why, too. M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------

avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi..

So i finely got my period today..

I was constipated for a few days and was tired of it so i went and pushed myself to pass a stool after that my period started it is dark and thick any idea why

Thank you for all the replies and support

Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods can -- and very often do -- change. They can come lighter, heavier or vary of color. Sometimes dark discharge just means old blood is leaving our body. But that's it. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi

Thanks Edith

Could someone possibility tell me something

is it normal to have a heavy flow and server cramps.. I know my period was late this month but when i finally got it i still had cramps and a heavy flow is this normal??

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Periods can be different sometimes, and some people have cramps and heavy flow, so yes, that's normal.

For very severe pain, we'd suggest checking in with a healthcare provider.

--------------------

avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Do you have any info on birth control i am not sure if iv talkin it at the right time i started my period on sat and started taking birth control for the first time on monday iv read on the net about first time users having "birth control cramps" is any of this true

Thanks again

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Yes, we have lots of info. "Birth control" refers to all the different methods collectively. Which method are you using (for example, the combined hormonal contraceptive pill)?

"Birth control cramps" is too broad a thing to be true. Every individual responds differently to each method. There are some methods which, on average, make cramps better for more people, and other methods which make cramps more likely.

--------------------

avi13
Neophyte
Member # 109403

Hi

Yes im on a hormonal contraceptive pill im on Yasmin im actually on it for the control of acne so they have not really explained alot to me

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Ok. So you know for the future, you can ask a healthcare provider any questions you like about medication they're prescribing you.

We have a page on combined hormonal contraceptive pills, here: Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

In your pill pack, you should also have a leaflet about your specific pill, with lots of information and instructions about how to take it. Do you have that leaflet?

If you have questions after reading our article and the leaflet, or there's anything you're not sure about, you're very welcome to ask.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.