Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Damage received while fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damage received while fingering
AHIQ
Neophyte
Member # 109382

Icon 4 posted      Profile for AHIQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so my partner and I were having a little fun last night and then I noticed blood on his hand. So we stopped and I got a towel, on the towel there was a little blood and pieces of flesh.
So I went home and took a shower and a bath. More pieces of little flesh washed away. So I got my phone out to take a close up picture to see what was going on.
What had happened was that squishy mound of flesh, that is visible by simply spreading the lips open, just inside the top of the vagina was ripped away from itself in a few spots.
I am wondering, will it heal on its own, or should I get some medicine for it or something? It still bleeds, but not profusly. Kind of like a bleeding gum inside the mouth after a tooth is pulled.

Posts: 8 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi AHIQ and welcome to Scarleteen,

If you're still bleeding, and the bleeding doesn't subside soon, I'd suggest seeing a healthcare provider so they can take a look and recommend the appropriate treatment.

I don't suggest trying to medicate this yourself. If the injury does stop bleeding and it appears to be healing on it's own, you can keep it clean with plain water, and use some 100% aloe gel for the irritation. You'll also want to be sure to wear loose underwear and clothing and refrain from genital sexual activity until this is completely healed.

However, given the severity of the injury (bits of flesh coming off is concerning) I do actually suggest you check in with a healthcare provider.

Do you have a provider you can make an appointment with?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AHIQ
Neophyte
Member # 109382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHIQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I most certainly will not be doing anything down there besides looking for awhile.
My mother gave me this Domeboro stuff you dissolve in water, and I'm just supposed to splash it on there. Havent done that yet though.

And I do not have insurance right now....so no I do not have a doctor I could see for free...I would'nt even know how much a visit for this would cost...

Posts: 8 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking up Domeboro I see that it's not specifically intended for genital use. The tissues of the genitals are much more delicate and sensitive than most other areas on the body so can't always be treated the same way.
So, I'd say that if you try this stuff and it seems to sting or elevate irritation in any way, it's probably not the best thing to use.

Would you like us to help you find some low-cost sexual health clinics in your area? Since you are sexually active, it's sound to be getting regular sexual health care anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AHIQ
Neophyte
Member # 109382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHIQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my mothers doctors told her to use that stuff (dissolved splashing) when she had medical conditions that effected all her mucus membranes.

So, I have a OBGYN and a primary caregiver...but no insurance because the people that run the program here (case workers) at FIA do not give a rats booty about the people [Smile]

Anyways...its the weekend and all the docs offices are closed, so I cannot call them and price things out.

P.S. I only have female doctors.

Area code 48450 or 48059 or 48060 will be best.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Ugh to the case workers not giving a rat's booty about the people! I could go on about the inequities of some people having access to health insurance and others not having it, but that's for another time and another place. [Smile]

Sounds like this stuff is recommended for mucus membranes then. Hope very much that it helps.

I'll take a look later today to see if there are any sliding scale clinics in your area.

--------------------
Robin

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi There,

Looking at what is available in your area, I think your best bet for finding affordable healthcare would be to start with your Public Health unit. If they don't provide the care you need (either now or in future) they should be able to point you towards clinics that do.

I'm not sure how old you are, but they also have a clinic for teens. The cut-off age for that clinic is listed as twenty-one.

http://www.stclaircounty.org/offices/health/

http://www.stclaircounty.org/offices/health/teen_health_center.aspx

[ 01-19-2014, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

AHIQ
Neophyte
Member # 109382

Icon 10 posted      Profile for AHIQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! Its actually healing on its own. I started my period literally 12 hours after this incident occured. But after this mornings shower I looked and the area is not bleeding or bloody in color anymore. The sections of flesh are still detached from where they once grew. It feels like bruising now.
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know it's healing. [Smile]

Maybe you just want to keep an eye on it and be gentle if you need to touch the area. Quoting what Robin said before:

quote:
you can keep it clean with plain water, and use some 100% aloe gel for the irritation. You'll also want to be sure to wear loose underwear and clothing and refrain from genital sexual activity until this is completely healed.

And, of course, if you feel pain or that is getting worse, a visit to you healthcare provider is the best way to go. [Smile]

[ 01-19-2014, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.