Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » So scared! :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So scared! :(
kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kingsofleonfan1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I have seen a lot of posts on here, on the risks of pregnancy from being fingered and manual sex and I have read all your advice, however I am still scared. Me and my boyfriend are both virgins and are waiting until I go on the pill to have sex. Around the 20th December and for a couple of days after we engaged in manual sex where I gave him a handjob and he fingered me I became really scared that pre-cum may have been on his hands and got me pregnant. A couple of days after I got severe leg pain and nausea, so of course I turned to the internet (which was the worst idea ever because it made me nearly sick from fear). On the 8th January I got my period and was very relieved, my period was a bit longer than usual (it was 7 days and usually it is around 5) so I shrugged off the nausea and leg pain as pms. however my period is now over and continue to menstrual cramps and nausea, I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and they all say negative,however I have read stories on the internet about women who have had periods and negative tests and still being pregnant, I am so worried please help!

--------------------
Hi I'm Sarah :) "I love you and that's the beginning and the end of everything"

Posts: 29 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Sarah.

What do you think you need from us to feel less ancious? You already know that you have not had a pregnancy risk, and the period and negative tests further confirm this for you. So as far as the facts go, there is really nothing else we can tell you. What else do you think you need to move on from this?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sarah and welcome to Scarleteen,

You've said that you have read the posts on our message boards, and the articles we've written about pregnancy risks.

I'm feeling a little confused since, while you've said you've read these things, you're then mentioning stories you've read in other places on the Internet.

Can you fill me in, please, on what you learned from the articles and advice here about whether you did or didn't have a risk?

I

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It also sounds like you'd find it helpful to have a read through this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/youre_not_pregnant_why_do_you_think_you_are

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingsofleonfan1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just need someone to tell me I'm definitely not pregnant to stop myself from worrying, from here I learnt that manual sex does not pose a risk of pregnancy, i'm just scared about these cramps and nausea after my period and whether these are a sign of pregnancy

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Correct. Manual sex does not pose a risk of pregnancy.

you know, whether someone had a risk of pregnancy or not, a pregnancy test is going to be the only thing that will tell them whether they're pregnant or not.

So, you've had three negative tests. That means you're not pregnant! [Smile]

As to those stories you read online about people having negative tests and still being pregnant, it's always sound, when reading information online (or anywhere else for that matter) to consider the source of that information.

Here's an article that'll give you the know-how to do that. [Smile]

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/etc/legit_or_unfit_finding_safe_sound_sex_educators_support_online

What do you think will help you not get so scared in future?

--------------------
Robin

kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingsofleonfan1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou so much for reassuring me! I'v been driving myself crazy [Frown] I'm planning on going on Birth control pills soon so hopefully that will ease my mind, now I'm just worried about the cramps i'm still having.

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome!

--------------------
Robin

kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

Why were my pms symptoms worse than normal then? [Frown]

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's totally normal for PMS symptoms (like cramps) to vary from period to period.

However, if the cramps (or nausea) carry way past the point where your period finishes, you may want to talk with your healthcare provider just to make sure there isn't another cause (like an illness) of the symptoms.

[ 01-17-2014, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

thanks! you've totally reassured me, thanks for all the hard work you do!

--------------------

kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

So i'm 100% not pregnant?

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Our answer to that question is going to be the same as the answers we've already given. If you need reassurance, you can read through our answers and reread the articles we linked you to. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

okay so absolutely no risk [Smile]

--------------------

Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it right! [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

I'm still having symptoms, pelvic pain and leg pain :/ i'm really worried!

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're really worried and are having ongoing symptoms (especially painful ones), it might be best to go see a healthcare provider about them.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And have you yet talked to a healthcare provider about these symptoms?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kingsofleonfan1
Neophyte
Member # 109368

not yet, i'm booking a doctors appointment this week, I know I shouldn't but I keep on googling my symptoms and it's making me worried!

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Glad to hear you'll be scheduling one soon.

As you've pointed out yourself, trying to diagnose by google is really unhelpful in this situation. I recommend not doing anymore searches. It might be helpful to, instead, engage in something that will help you take your mind off of the stressful thoughts (reading, going for a bike ride, knitting, etc).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.