Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » please help me i am very worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help me i am very worried
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caralara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am four days late from my period. On 8th jan my bf rubbed my vulva with his fingers. He did precum a little but hedid not ejaculate. Im not sure if he wiped his fingers. And we didnt have sex at all. He didnt even finger me. Just rubbing my vulva. I am really really scared ive been reading things like u can get pregnantbif the fingers are wet. Help me? I dont know how to uy the ptrgnancy test kit since i cant even drive let alone tell my parents. I am so stressed out and ive been losing sleep. Am i able to get pregnant from this? My last period was on 12/12/2013

Posts: 20 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this article yet, Cara? We ask that users start by assessing their risk on their own: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caralara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive just read that just now. Thank you but i still want to hear from you since you are an expert. So are you trying to say im.not pregnant and my delayed period is just because i am extremely paranoid? It has been for days im having cramps
Posts: 20 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article you read is written by the same people who run this site and reply here, so you can know that that is also expert information. When that article says that something cannot cause pregnancy, you can know that it really can't.

It's common for a period to be a few days late. Bodies naturally have a bit of variation sometimes. For more information, you can have a look here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Thanank you so much! I do think being paranoid to the max did effect my period :-( so can i shake off the paranoia now?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we can't really suggest how you should feel, because that's not how feelings work, you know?

What do you think would help you accept the facts and feel more comfortable? It sounds like you previously had some wrong information, so would it help you to have better information on how reproduction does and does not happen?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Yes please! Because ive been doing research on the internet and i found out people telling stories how a few unlucky girls did get pregnant from fingering but in the other hand my bf didnt even finger me all he did just rubbing. And the fact that people said any contact of sperm with vulva even without intercourse can get me pregnant terries me
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

I'm not surprised that things like that worry you! Please know that there's a lot of mis-information on the internet about reproduction and pregnancy. When you want to know something about this, you'll want to make sure you only read things written by experts in reputable places. A lot of people just don't know the correct information themselves.

The things that can cause pregnancy are: 1) direct genital-to-genital contact, or 2) ejaculation onto the genitals or 3) deliberate treatment in a medical fertility centre. That's it.

We have lots of information about everything to do with reproduction, so I'm going to start at the beginning for you with this article: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction If you have more questions after reading that, we'll be very happy to answer them and to direct you to more of our information [Smile]

--------------------

caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

That article did clear up pretty much everything. So all the stories were fake or just a coverup i guess. Thank u so much. Ill try to relax more and convince myself im not pregnant. Can i ask why is it after my boyfriend rubbed my vulva, i stop having white discharge for a week and now it appeara again.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

I'm very glad that helped!

If you need any tips for relaxing, this might help you out: Self-Care a La Carte

It's normal to have discharge sometimes, as the vagina is self-cleaning, and discharge is part of that. How much discharge and how thick or thin it is will also vary naturally, and is connected to the fertility cycle. Lots more information here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

--------------------

caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Im so happy now ill do i wait patiently. My breast hurts and i have cramps quite often. I look up and found out tgat are some of early symptoms of pregnancy. But i guess myb for mw they are pms symptoms am i right?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Sore breasts and cramps are common PMS symptoms, yes. Things can't possibly be pregnancy symptoms if you haven't done anything that can lead to pregnancy.

"Pregnancy symptoms" are usually not a helpful or reliable thing to think about, because most things that people usually talk about are also caused by many other common and ordinary things.

--------------------

caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

I still havent got my period and im worried though ive been reading a lot from you guys. I hope my period comes soon :-(
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, all there is to do is keep waiting. If you haven't tried any of the self care tips from the article redskies gave you, this might be a good time to do so, as they will help take your mind off of your stress.
Posts: 1290 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

So un conclusion there is no way i can get pregnant even if his hand has dried precum?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's correct.
Posts: 1290 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Thats a huge relief thank u so much ill wait for my period to come and for sure stop googling
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Hi there it has been a week yet still no period im so stressed up and scared :-(
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there!

Like Redskies said before, there are a lot of reasons why a period can be late or even skipped. I know we have linked you to this article before but maybe reading it again can help you a little bit.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Im freaking out.. So you guys are 100% sure the pregnancy risk is low when he might have dried precum pn his fingers when he rubbed my clitoris?
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Anyone please reassure me? :-(
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caralara,

I'm sorry to hear you're so freaked out right now. Posting repeatedly is not going to get an answer any faster. As we make clear in our guidelines, we ask people not to repeat their question unless they haven't gotten an answer within twenty-four hours of first posting it. please be patient. Thanks.

As to your question, our answer is not going to change from the one we've given you before. If you need reassurance, you can read through the conversations you've already had with us, and the articles we've linked you to. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Hi there today i finally got my period, i think after a week late. But the amout of blood is quite little and im afraid if it is implation bleeding instead. Help?
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding is actually pretty uncommon -- especially when you didn't have a pregnancy risk. [Smile]

You mentioned you were having PMS symptoms so, best bet is, this is your period. [Smile]

[ 01-20-2014, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caralara
Neophyte
Member # 109360

Hi i think this is my period for real ive been so paranoid this week. Thank you so much everyone [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.