Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » condom leaking issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom leaking issue
kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kok202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, please I need help. I had sex with a lady some days back. I used a condom like always but I stayed in for about five minutes after I ejaculated. When I took out the condom it was still intact but the sperm were very close to the base and all over the shaft. I didn't leave and room for the sperm on the tip of the condom. I am scared if the condom leak out of the base because the sperm were at the base of the condom.

--------------------
kdfdfd

Posts: 44 | From: Austin | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sperm are microscopically small: we cannot see them without a powerful microscope.

Are you saying there were fluids at the base of the condom? If so, have you taken into account that lubricant and your partner's fluids will often be present there when using condoms?

Are you still involved with this person? If so, have you discussed your concerns with her?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kok202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they were fluids at the base of the condom and some were scattered around the shaft. My penis was semi hard with I took off the condom. Should this be considered a condom failure?

Yes I talked to her she is not on birth control and don't want to take morning after pill.

--------------------
kdfdfd

Posts: 44 | From: Austin | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the condom stayed on the whole time, and did not break or slip off, probably not, no.

But you know, it sounds like no matter what happened, there is really nothing else for you to do here. From here, it is up to her.

Moving forward, you can always make sure to withdraw right away, as hanging around for a bit is not proper condom use. And, of course, if you are not comfortable using condoms alone, you can also opt to choose either only partners for intercourse who do use a method of their own, in addition, or opt out of intercourse.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

Thank you. Yes the condom stayed on and didn't slip off. I was just concerned if it is possible for fluids to leak off a condom that didn't slip off?

--------------------
kdfdfd

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

Please one last question: So I should be fine if the condom didn't break or slip off? If though I stay in after ejaculating and they were fluid close to the base of the condom?

--------------------
kdfdfd

Heather
Member # 3

Staying in after ejaculating is a problem, again: that's not how to properly use condoms, so if you want them to work for you, you need to withdraw right afterwards.

Like I said, this is out of your hands now anyway -- and we really can't know what fluids were there and which were not -- but I am not hearing something here that sounds like a likely condom failure to me.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

The fluids I am talking about were inside the condom not outside the condom, but the were close to the ring/base of the condom . I think you are misunderstanding me

I just talked to her and she is willing to take the morning after pill if only I buy it, but I don't think the condom failed and I don't have the money to buy it because I am a student.

The fluid I am talking about were inside the condom not outside the condom, but the were close to the ring/base of the condom . I think you are misunderstanding me.

--------------------
kdfdfd

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

Is fluid inside a condom close to the base a pregnancy risk? Can some just answer me please.

--------------------
kdfdfd

Heather
Member # 3

Again, if EC is not an option, for any reason, then at this point, there really is no sense on staying focused on this, because there is nothing to do about it.

Truly, not having seen this myself, I just cannot know what fluids were present, if it was lube or semen, so I just do not think I can say anything more accurate or certain than I already have.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

I am confused. So is it a condom failure if the fluid is inside the condom when you pulled out?

--------------------
kdfdfd

Heather
Member # 3

I think some of our problem here may be with language: the term "condom failure" means that a condom was used, but someone got pregnant. That is really all it means.

But we can know when that is more likely, like when a condom was not used properly, such as not being used the whole time, or when it breaks or slips off.

So, no, by both tokens, your fluids being inside the condom do not mean a condom has failed. In fact, since a condom is expressly designed to contain those fluids, if they are inside of it, then a condom has done what it was designed for.

I do not want to get locked into a circular conversation though. Again, at this point what is in the past here, this situation, is in the past. It is done and over unless you or she take other actions you can around it, like using EC, or there is a result, later, like a pregnancy, of this action. If any of those things are things you want help with or information about, we can do that.

Or, if you are asking now about how to use condoms in the future, we can do that, too, but I think we already have in talking about how not withdrawing right after ejaculation is not proper condom use, and to use them properly, you need to withdraw right away, not hang around.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

That you very much for the explanation. Now I get it.

--------------------
kdfdfd

kok202
Activist
Member # 108585

I mean Thank.

--------------------
kdfdfd

Heather
Member # 3

Sorry it took so long for us to understand each other!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.