Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » morning after pill before sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: morning after pill before sex
Jose2050
Neophyte
Member # 96923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jose2050     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I was having foreplay with my gf and we noticed she started to bleed after manual sex assuming it was her period. later that night we had unprotected sex for a few seconds before I pulled out. We went and bought plan b since she is not on the pill and she took it. About an hour or two later we started hooking up again and had unprotected sex for another few thrusts before pulling out.

1. Today her period has stopped-is this possible? she said they are typically light. I read online that this can happen if Plan B is taken. She checked and didnt think she would have it for a another few days.
2. being that plan b was taken an 1-2 hours before we had unprotected sex the second time does this mean we should of gotten another pill? Reading some recent studies I am assuming that we did not need too since the timeframe was so close.
3. Being that she possibly was on her period, I didn't ejaculate, and plan b (albeit the timing was different) was taken I am not feeling to nervous but posting here will make me feel better.

Posts: 10 | From: Beverl Hill | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for future reference, Plan B is really not intended to be used this way. So, moving forward from here, before you two are alone again, or sexual at all together again, I would at least get some condoms to have handy, and have a discussion about using them and, if one or both of you prefers, finding another method to use with them as well.

That said, given you took the Plan B within an hour or two of more sexual activity, it probably covers this, and by all means, having her take a whole other dose when she just took one is generally not going to be advised. We just really only want to take as few hormonal medications as possible per our health.

Periods can stop and start some when we have them all by themselves. And Plan B can also have an impact on periods in a bunch of different ways. But what you do need to know is that what is NOT something that can happen is that a pregnancy a) happens so fast (it takes around a week) or b) stops a period that is already occurring.

It also may be she did not have her period at all, but was having bleeding from the manual sex.

[ 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jose2050
Neophyte
Member # 96923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jose2050     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for the quick response! have a great day.
Posts: 10 | From: Beverl Hill | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.