Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » discharge & pill time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: discharge & pill time
gmhomey123
Neophyte
Member # 107929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gmhomey123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I have two questions

1) So I understand the different types of discharge and their meanings and that variation over time is normal, but if you are on the pill and there isnt infection or anything - can you have variable discharge that doesnt necessarily indicate fertile days? (sorry if that is difficult to understand what I mean)!

2) I usually take my pill (Zoely - combined) at the exact same time everyday for the past two years. I went on vacation and changed the time because I was drinking. I had atleast 5 hours to digest the pill before I threw up one or two nights, is that adequate time? Also when I got back I may have left like 40 mins or hour later taking the pill at the new time and not exactly on the dot - is that okay, I kow you should take it at the same time but does 40mins/1hr later make a huge difference?

Thanks so much for your help xxx

Posts: 14 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per your first question, yes, absolutely. There are different kinds of vaginal discharges that happen at different phases of the fertility cycle, not just during the part of it where someone is ovulating. We also have other vaginal discharges, too, not just cervical mucus changes.

And when you are using the pill, you can know none of that is related to ovulation in the first place because one of the ways the pill works is by suppressing ovulation.

The pill is absorbed within an hour or less of taking it, so no, no need for concern here with the vomiting.

In terms of taking it properly with timing, if it is a combined pill, you have a twelve hour grace period with those pills before they are late. You want to try and keep taking them around the same time of day so it is easier to stay in the habit of taking them, and harder to forget pills, but they do not need to be taken so close to the same time to be fully effective.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67923 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmhomey123
Neophyte
Member # 107929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gmhomey123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay great thanks [Smile]
Posts: 14 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.