Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » about sperm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: about sperm
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 10 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read about semen cannot went through clothing because of the thickness nature of the semen. I just wonder, could a girl got pregnant by washing semen on his body? I mean, the sperm got mixed up with water, then the liquid (mix of sperm and water)went through the girl's underwear? silly question isn't it? but in the country I lived, I simply dont get any education about the sperm and its ability. Thanks for the attention [Smile]
Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that these two pieces will not only answer that question for you, but also give you the kind of information about all of this you express you've been lacking:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

You can also know that any activity NOT listed on this page at all -- Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? -- is something you can be sure just doesn't pose pregnancy risks, period.
[Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Heather [Smile]

I've read the link and its pretty clear that no way sperm can make it through the underwear and make a girl pregnant. Sorry about my stupid question, then [Smile]

Though I'd want to know exactly, how could thin underwear stop sperm from entering the vagina? assuming that in the case of sexual encounter, the vagina will be wet isn't it? Why sperm couldn't mix with that fluid and make it way up there?

I'd be very grateful if you answer my questions [Smile]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gilang5,

The two articles Heather gave you go into a lot of detail about what sperm need to do their job (such as the presence of semen), and what keeps them from doing their job.

As you read in the "Where did I come from?" article, sperm can't just mix with any fluid and do it's job; it needs semen, and it needs the semen to have certain conditions.

It sounds to me like you already know that sperm can't get through underwear.

So, can you fill me in on what you're still feeling unsure about here?

[ 11-03-2013, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robin..

(first, sorry if I couldn't write in english well)

Actually a few days ago I ejaculated on my gf's breast, and she washed it with water. I just wondered if it could make way down through underwear and goes up into vagina. And then about 3 minutes later I fingered her ( my hands were dry, though). I think we just curious because, after about one year of our relationship we decided to not do sexual intercourse anymore until we know if it is safe enough and doesn't pose much risk.

Besides, me and my gf want to know if condom is safe enough for contraception? we both 22 years old and wanna wait for about 3 years more until we are married. We found it just hard to abstain from sex.

Thank you [Smile]

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, just to make sure I understand, you saw in the articles that the two behaviors your engaged in did not carry a risk?

As to your question on condoms, I think this might be a good article to take a look at:
Condoms. I want to add that, if you still aren't comfortable using only condoms, you can look into a back-up method.
The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Yes, it did not carry a risk. Case closed then..

Thanks for the information about condoms, much appreciated!

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome!
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.