Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » im curious about this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im curious about this
emmanueldoee
Neophyte
Member # 108586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emmanueldoee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys , I have a question out of curiosity... If I ejaculated on a finger and then wiped it once on a towel , would that cause the sperm to transfer to the towel ? Or remain on the finger since they're super small solids

--------------------
:D

Posts: 26 | From: houston | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's absolutely no documented answer to this, though I'm not sure that it matters since there's really no practical use for that information anyway.

Semen is like other fluids: if some of it is one place then you wipe it up, how much of it is on what you wiped it with and how much of it is where it spilled will depend on how well you wiped it up. Sperm cells within semen are cells within that fluid, they don't and can't magically separate themselves somehow.

[ 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, just a reminder: handwashing, it's a thing.

An important thing for everyone to do as a habit, and certainly when they have things like semen or mucus on their hands, not because of pregnancy, but because of germs and bacteria.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/the_simple_and_underrrated_art_of_washing_your_hands

Extra bonus? None of these kinds of questions will have to then take up ANY real estate in your brain, which most certainly could be used for much more interesting, far more useful things.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emmanueldoee
Neophyte
Member # 108586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emmanueldoee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would slightly brushing against a towel dry up semen and kill the sperm in a finger ?

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: houston | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emmanueldoee
Neophyte
Member # 108586

Would slightly brushing against a towel dry up semen and kill the sperm in a finger ?

--------------------

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,

Please don't post your question more than once.

If you're asking these questions because of pregnancy concerns, please take a look at this:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000372/p/1.html#000000

Were you able to take a read of the article on hand-washing Heather linked you to? Thinking about ways to keep yur hands clean seems to me like a much more productive direction for your thoughts and is a much more constructive way to make sure you and those around you are healthy. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Sperm cells aren't something live live or die, so talking about "killing" them doesn't make sense. They aren't germs or bacteria.

The sound way to talk about sperm cells is whether they are or are not motile or viable, per their capacity to play a part in creating a pregnancy or not.

Semen, and the sperm cells within it, brushed unto a towel, is no longer semen, nor sperm, which has the capacity to do anything besides be a bit of a mess on a towel and a finger.

We've given you quite a few links with this kind of information. What do you feel is keeping you from understanding it well?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

emmanueldoee
Neophyte
Member # 108586

Yes its a question on pregnancy.. I've read the article and it informed me quite well (: but once semen comes in.contact with clothing it is no longer viable to cause a pregnancy , correct ?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

I'd suggest a reread of this one: http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

emmanueldoee
Neophyte
Member # 108586

I read it like 4 times , but it still doesn't answer my question >.<

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Really?

Honestly, if it doesn't, and the talks we have already had with you haven't, I just truly don't know what will.

Pregnancy doesn't happen in the ways you keep asking about. It doesn't. Maybe it does in Imaginary Not-Realityland, but not here, on our planet, in reality.

There is not only nothing else we can say or add to that, we need you to stop asking. Either those are facts you accept from us or they're not, but there truly isn't anything else for us to say here about these scenarios that we haven't said or written already, and we need to ask you, again, to please stop asking, as we've done all we can do around this within our limits and capacity.

Lastly, if you are very worried about situations like this, again, you can just wash your hands. That's a basic thing to do anyway, just per basic hygiene and public health, and when any body fluids, be it semen or snot, wind up on your hands. And if that doesn't help either, then I'd say it's time to go talk to a doctor, where you can ask for education here, and if that still doesn't help, take a next step with them to figure out your right next step, be that checking in about how you feel about your sexual choices, getting evaluated for an anxiety disorder like OCD, etc.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.