Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy testing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy testing?
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm finally taking a test tomorrow I'm using clear blue. Know when you can sometimes get faulty tests, would you know they were flatly? Like would the test not work properly?

Also I just finished my period, it was 3days of medium bleeding then for the 4 days it was just brown discharge sometimes very little. Then this morning I had a really light pink blood when I wiped, is that normal?

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For answers to questions about a specific test brand, your best bet is to call the customer service number on the package. All tests are different and the company that made the test is the expert on how that particular test works.

For general pregnancy testing information, take a look at this article:

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

The rate of menstrual flow, and even what the blood and tissue looks like, can vary from cycle to cycle. There isn't one rate of flow, or one way the blood looks, that is more normal or healthy than any other.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a typical pregnancy test though, would you know of if it hadn't worked properly?

--------------------
Believe in yourself, because if you don't who else will?

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically I read instructions it says the blue line must appear In the control window to show the tests as worked? So providing that the line appears I can be sure the test has worked right?

Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
Believe in yourself, because if you don't who else will?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the instructions say that line means the test is working properly and it showed up, then yes, that sounds like it worked correctly.
Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.