Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i have a question.
My bf and i today were messing around. He was naked, and i was wearing jeans. However, he managed to get some ejaculate precum or cum right on my jeans while we were rubbing. My jeans were actually wet from sitting on the grass, so does this pose a risk? Would the fluids absorb and help the sperm swim?

Im confused because ive heard many things on the internet that sweat, or your pants wet can help the semen seep through. In my case i was wet from the moisture of the grass and his fluids.

Any ideas?

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Anne Gotham,

From the situation that you described there is not a pregnancy risk here. Semen can't swim or seep through material this way even if it is damp or wet, just as we don't get pregnant from swimming in a pool at the same time as a man.

Here is an article which may help you out with determining pregnancy risks:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh okay awesome thanks!Because ive had alot of pregnancy scares reffering to dry humping (while we are both wearing clothes) but in this case he was bare naked. So thats why i was concerned.

So short story short, even though some of his fluids spilled on my jeans near my vulva,i have no reason to worry here? [Smile]

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, No need to worry in this case [Smile]
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Okay thanks i feel much better [Smile]

But out of curiousity why cant semen swim through clothing though?
Isnt the pores on the clothes big enough? Especially cotton?

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

This is a fantastic blog entry from one of our volunteers which I think you will find really helpful in answering those questions. I know there are so many myths around about sperm's magic abilities but they really are not as resourceful as often given credit for [Razz] So maybe have a read of this:

http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

Hope this helps!

Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

haha yes i remember this article, i read this before!
Thanks so much, your really helpful [Smile]

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Not a problem, that's what we are here for!
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Im still a little confused though. I just talked to my friend and she told me that since my jeans were wet, the semen could seep through :/ since they are both fluids.

She said it was also riskier since he was naked

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Anne,

You absolutely get to choose what sources of information you believe. [Smile] We've given you fact-based information and it's up to you what you do with that. [Smile]

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000371.html

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.