Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » clinics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: clinics
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesiRebel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to go to a clinic, but I don't have any money for it. My period went off a few days ago but I think I have a yeast infection but I'm not too sure. and I don't want to sit around and wait for it to go. I need help trying to find a clinic. where do I start with that? And how to go about trying to find personal help and info?

--------------------
the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Posts: 13 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried starting here: http://www.scarleteen.com/find_a_doc

If you did, and you didn't find a listing that is close and workable, can you fill us in on what kind of healthcare, if any, you have in general? like private insurance or public health?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesiRebel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at this time I don't have anything.

--------------------

Posts: 13 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

I couldn't find one. I want something that's affordable. because I don't have insurance or much money.

--------------------

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're comfortable posting your zipcode here, we could take a look and see if there are any clinics near you that offer low-cost services.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

thanks. I don't mind. 33407

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the Planned Parenthood branch closest to you: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=2360&a=90320&v=details

Also, here's your public health department: http://www.pbchd.com/

If you are no-income or low-income, I would advise checking in with them, period, as you may be eligible for overall public health services, including things separate from sexual health, which you may need.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

thank you.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.