Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Possibility Of Being Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possibility Of Being Pregnant?
PaperTownss
Neophyte
Member # 108453

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PaperTownss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I had sex August 16. 5 days after my period (period lasted 6 days) ended so i was supposed to ovulate on the 20th but I think I ovulated a week later (when you ovulate or are in your fertile window you get more water discharge?) well that's what i experienced.

RECAP OF THE SEXUAL ACTIVITY:
We did use condoms. 2 in fact (not at the same time) the first condom however when i was ontop i felt a little warm stuff. i'm not sure if it was precum or he came (doubt it) or it was just me or maybe the lube. when i got off the condom sort of slipped off his penis so he took it off and tried putting the same one on. I told him to put a new one on so he did. The second condom was fine. he did not ejaculate in any of them because he clearly ejaculated in front of me (i finished him off) i checked the second condom (he disposed of the first one) the second condom was fine no tears or rips but i'm not sure about the first one. he claims it was fine but when he left i didn't want to stick my hand in the toilet and check it out...

My period was supposed to come Sunday, September 8th and it is now September 11th and still no sign of a period. I believe it could come late hence me ovulating late? idk. I took a pregnancy test as well on the 8th and it came out negative. I've been stressing too much because i can't afford to have a child due to the fact that I am only 15. so I want to know what my chances of being actually pregnant are.... (I think i'm sort of PMSing like crazy. i've had crazy food cravings, constipation, swollen breasts, and also very moody) [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

After this I plan on staying abstinent because I honestly can't afford all this stress.

[ 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: PaperTownss ]

--------------------
SSJ

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't chart daily, and haven't done so for at least a few months, either your cervical mucus, basal temperature or both AND have the information and education to interpret those, please know you are not at all likely to be able to know or estimate ovulation. You're just not, so if you haven't done those things, there's just no point in guessing, since that's all we'd be doing.

It sounds like you used condoms for all contact, properly, and have no reason to believe they ripped, tore or slipped off, which is what usually causes failure (aside of them not being worn at all or not worn the whole time). It also sounds like you combined withdrawal, in that your partner did not ejaculate, and did that properly. That given, pregnancy would be beyond highly unlikely.

And with a negative test? You can know you clearly did not become pregnant. Periods can be late for a whole bunch of reasons. can I ask how you know when to expect yours: how you chart periods to predict them?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaperTownss
Neophyte
Member # 108453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaperTownss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an app on my Ipod that i normally chart when my period starts and stuff. it predicts when my next period is going to start or when i ovulate. and like I said, I was supposed to ovulate on the 20th but my discharge did not get watery or look fertile until the week after. I took a pregnancy test 23 days after the actual intercourse so i'm a bit concerned if that's too early or not...
Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless your app asks for a lot of very specific information (such as your basal body temperature, and cervical mucus) and you've been recording that information daily for several months, there's really no way the app can tell you anything truly accurate about when you will ovulate, get your period, etc.

If you're interested in charting your cycle and being able to track these things, there's information in this article about how to do this: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

Pregnancy tests are known to be accurate when taken 14 or more days after a pregnancy risk. here's more information on testing: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

[ 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaperTownss
Neophyte
Member # 108453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaperTownss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been recording everything since December.. I'm just very panicked and scared. I read from other websites online and they tell me differently so I really don't know what to believe. And how exactly do you calculate basal body temperature? this app allows me to do so.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basal body temperature is taken with a thermometer specifically designed for that purpose.

So, if you've been charting these things since December, you will want to calculate based on what you're charting, not what your app says, to determine ovulation, possible period start date, and so on. Your own awareness of your body is just going to be a lot more spot on than what a piece of software is going to tell you.

The important thing here though is that you've had a negative pregnancy test. There are plenty of other reasons for a period to show up besides pregnancy.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaperTownss
Neophyte
Member # 108453

Alright thank you for your help. if anything else happens i will post on here again. thank you.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.