Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Trying to get an hpt by the end of the day but majory freaking out need answers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trying to get an hpt by the end of the day but majory freaking out need answers
worrytoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 108430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worrytoomuch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So on aug 17 my boyfriend rubbed his genitals against my bare genitals and the only barrier between us was his underwear. On this site it says one layer of clothes like his underwear are enough to prevent risk because they are more substantial than lace. Also he did not ejaculate. There was only pre ejac spots but I was really wet as well so I'm not sure how much of the wet spot was from me.

I've been freaking out for the past two and a half weeks because of guilt and playing the "what if" game

My period is 5 days late. I want to take an hpt to ease my mind and prove to myself that it's not possible for there to be a risk but I'm scared in going to get a false positive or a real positive.

Is it really that easy to take the test wrong and get inaccurate results?
Am I being ridiculous when I have been crying every day thy I haven't started bleeding? Is this an irrational fear?

--------------------
I worry about way too much

Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi worrytoomuch,

So long as you follow the instructions on the test, you can expect to get an accurate result.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some information on pregnancy testing:

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

Here, too, is some information on missing or late periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worrytoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 108430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worrytoomuch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think by the encounter I've described that I'm worried for nothing?

At points if the day I feel that I'm being ridiculous but other times I'm so scared

--------------------
I worry about way too much

Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Can you please take a read through this post?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000371/p/1.html#000000

Thank you.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.