Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Possible miscarriage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible miscarriage?
runningcircles
Neophyte
Member # 108197

Icon 5 posted      Profile for runningcircles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I had terrible abdominal pain, like the worst menstrual cramps ever. I went to the bathroom and didn't find blood or feel any release from the pressure immediately. A few minutes later, I felt myself bleed just a tiny bit and then all the pain was gone and there haven't been any more symptoms for about 10 hours now. I thought this was really weird because my period is very regular and not due for another week, plus there just wasn't much blood at all. I'm just a little confused...
Posts: 5 | From: Washington | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi runningcircles,

This is something I just don't think we can really know the cause of. If your cycle's been regular it doesn't seem likely that you would have been pregnant and had a miscarriage in between periods. Sometimes cramping and spotting happen in the middle of a cycle; it's no fun but doesn't necessarily indicate anything serious. If the severe pain comes back you could check in with a doctor, but if it's passed, I think you can chalk this one up to bodies being unpredictable.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.