Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy by fingering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy by fingering?
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PandaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about three month ago, I had a guy cum. We went to the bathroom to clean it all up, we both washed our hands, I left after I was done and he came out again but realized he still had some on his stomach and went to clean it up, he came back but I'm not sure if he washed his hands, they looked dried to me and he fingered me. Like four to five days later I started bleeding, it started out brown and then I bleed for about six days and then it browned again. Then 30 days later I started bleeding again, this time with clots and I bleed for six days too and it ended in browning. I have not had any pregnancy symptoms and I have not gained weight. This month I missed my period and it still has not come. Before the guy fingered me I hadn't had a period in two months. I just wanted to know if I am pregnant?
Posts: 59 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi PandaLover and welcome to Scarleteen,

As this article makes clear, the sexual activity you describe is not a way someone can get pregnant.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It also sounds like it's not unusual for you to have a period come late or to skip one altogether.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have irregular periods but usually they are slightly heavy and these were light. Thats why I am asking. This whole thing freaked me out and I have stopped sexual activity for about three months since the "accident" but I am still worried that there is a possible chance that I might be. I have been reading online and people say they can have periods still and not be showing yet and that some people don't have an symptoms of being pregnant and so it freaked me out and I wanted advice.
Posts: 59 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PandaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were those bleedings my period?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't know for sure if that bleeding was your period or not simply because we don't have psychic powers. However, if your period is irregular in terms of time, it doesn't seem unusual for it to be irregular in terms of amount of flow, either; I don't see a reason to suspect that this wasn't your period.

You can't get a period when you are pregnant; anywhere that is saying you can is definitely not a trustworthy source of pregnancy information! But more importantly, if you aren't doing the sort of things that lead to pregnancy, no matter what unusual things your menstrual cycle may do, you can know that it isn't related to pregnancy.

Did you have a chance to look at that article that Robin linked to, that explains how pregnancy can and can't happen?

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Yes I have looked at the article. I heard that there is a possibility that you could be pregnant by fingering on other sites. Does that mean you can't bleed while your pregnant? So I'm probably not pregnant?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's correct. If it'll make you feel better, you could take a pregnancy test, but the only reason to do that is if you think it will help you accept the fact, not because there was a pregnancy risk.

Out of curiosity, do you remember what other sites you got information from?

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

babycenter.com
http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-you-still-get-your-period-while-your-pregnant_1760365_56.bc

PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Thank you for your help [Smile] , I have always been freaked out about this kind of stuff and I regret doing the things I did and I have been so scared and you have really helped me, Thank you so much!!!
PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

Thank you for your help [Smile] , I have always been freaked out about this kind of stuff and I regret doing the things I did and I have been so scared and you have really helped me, Thank you so much!!!

[ 08-20-2013, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: PandaLover ]

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Just so you know, on sites like Babycenter (and Yahoo Answers, which is another one that makes us tear our hair out), anyone can post information without any oversight by someone who verifies if it's accurate or not. That's one reason we definitely suggest people not check sites like that for pregnancy information - but of course they often come up as search results on a lot of pregnancy-related searches. So in the future, if you're worried I'd steer clear of that site!

I'm glad you're feeling better about this.

PandaLover
Activist
Member # 108299

If I am ever worried about stuff like this, I will always ask this site.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.