Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » When will it come?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When will it come?
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I had two periods last month, one ending around the 8th, and the other on the 31st. If i had two periods last month, will that mean I'm going to skip this month? I hate not being able to keep track of my periods it stresses me out.

The furthest I've ever gone was a handjob and that was like in June, do idk why im so worried. My brain likes to come up with the worst possible conclusion to everything. I feel like my stomach has been looking a little bigger right below the bellybutton but idk if that's fat, bloat, etc. (ik i've posted about very similar things before, sorry if im wasting your time)

But anyways, does having two periods in one moth mean that I will skip the next month? or will I have the period anyways? And I'm def not pregnant right?

Thank you so much, this website is literally a lifesaver ~<3

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible to have two periods in one month, especially if your cycle isn't very regular; that doesn't mean you'll skip one this month.

I think that because the average menstrual cycle is about as long as a month, a lot of people think it will come at the same time every month, or that there's ever only one per month without periods ever doubling up or skipping a month entirely. But even for folks with a perfectly-regular 28-day cycle, you can see that since most months are more than 28 days then the actual day the period comes on will vary, and you may have a month, as you did, with a period at the beginning and at the end.

There's some talk about the average cycle length here: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

If you find that you're feeling a lot of anxiety around when your period comes, especially when you haven't had pregnancy risks, it may be helpful for you to keep track of when your period comes; it sounds like you did this last month, but if you do it long enough you may be able to see a pattern and say "ok, my average cycle is 25 days long" or "wow, my cycle's been all over the place this past year, I can't pinpoint an average length at all" and have a better sense, potentially, of when to expect your period (or to know that it's likely not going to come at a regular time).

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.