Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Experience, time, still like new or worn out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Experience, time, still like new or worn out?
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesiRebel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Direct me to another post or article if need be... because I honestly am so confused and I don't know where to look.
Lately, I've been feeling like I've had too much sex. That isn't true, because I have never had sex regularly (as in daily, weekly)... though I've had multiple partners. (More than 5) Even in 2013, I feel as though I would be judge about that... anyway.. my vagina *ahem* after about 3-4 years of being sexually active I still don't know what affect it (sex) has on my vagina. Yes I've had bad sex, but mostly great sex, but like I said before I feel like I've been having too much of it. First set of questions: Is there such thing?(having too much sex) Is there such thing as worn out vagina? Loose vagina? Or is that just mythical? Because I still don't have the slightest clue. I'm always thinking about it after I've had sex. I remember I still got told that I'm "tight" earlier this year. Is my hymen still there?* I'm just so confused with my vagina. I stopped my birth control in December. By April I became really really rea-he-heallly moist. Better sex for him, yes, me too. But after a couple of months I feel like I've opened up a lot. (I know when women get aroused that we moisten and loosen) but does it loosen even more after a while? And can someone tell me about swelling after sex?... that kind of makes sex really good when you go for another round.. But is my vagina changing or stretching, opening, stale, worn down? All of the above? Does birth control have an affect on my vagina? Does the hymen go away completely after having multiple sex?
I'm sorry if I'm asking repeated questions, again direct me to another post if need be.

--------------------
the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Posts: 13 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Engaging in vaginal sex doesn't have any impact on the vagina. In other words, it doesn't change the vagina in any way, unless things happen as a result of sex that can, like vaginal infections, pregnancy or serious injuries.

So, yes, things you hear that say otherwise are not based in fact. Mostly, they're based in fear and shame around sex, and then in sexism and misogyny. (Ever heard anyone say those things you're voicing about penises? Bet you haven't. And yet, the tissue of the penis is pretty much the same as the tissue of the vulva and vagina.)

Engaging in sex also doesn't "open" the vagina in any permanent way. if and when people with a vagina get aroused, then temporarily, the muscles of and around it will relax and "loosen" somewhat, but after arousal, or sex, it goes right back to the way it was before.

Have you already taken some time to go through the main site, using the search function, to read up on some of this and seek out these facts? It doesn't sound like you have, so how about you take some time to do that, then pop back here after doing that -- as we also ask users to do in the guidelines regardless -- if you still have questions or concerns?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.