Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HELP ME. SCARED.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP ME. SCARED.
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

Icon 9 posted      Profile for snowflake_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had pre-cum OR cum on my fingers, and then wiped it off or licked it off and then dried my hands, and then rubbed my own vagina, could I get pregnant? Could I get pregnant even if it wasn't dry? Does it matter if it's pre-cum or cum? I've been so worried about this for such a long time. Please, Please, PLEASE, help me.
Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there.

I'm heading out in a few minutes, so why don't you take a look at a few of these links and see if they don't answer your questions first. A moderator will be in touch with you soon if you decide to ask more questions later.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/000494/p/1.html#000006

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000366.html

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000356.html

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_pre_ejaculate_cause_pregnancy

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_i_get_pregnant_or_get_or_pass_on_an_sti_from_that

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean they kind of do.

May I also get Heather's take on this? I'm really scared. It's all about pre-cum and getting pregnant, and I can never find one about actual cum.

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, because I have done such things with my boyfriend, do I have to tell my doctor I am sexually active? I really don't want to.
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

Note: I've only been touched DIRECTLY twice. Other times have been through clothes, underwear. I don't really think I'm sexually active.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi snowflake,

Did you see how all of these articles on pregnancy risks mention that direct genital contact is a key component in a pregnancy risk? This is part of why there's not always a distinction between semen and precum on someone's hands, because hand-to-genital contact in the way you're describing is not a way that anyone can get pregnant at all.

If you'll look back at this article that Patricia linked to you: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? you can see a really clear description of what is and isn't a pregnancy risk.

It's good to keep in mind that we don't always break down these risks into a bunch of specific scenarios (like getting semen on your hand and then touching yourself with vs. without washing your hands beforehand) because there just aren't that many ways in which pregnancy can happen.

In terms of what to tell your doctor, it's up to you. Right now it doesn't sound like you're engaging in activities that carry a risk of pregnancy or STIs, which is really what your doctor will want to know when asking if you're sexually active or not.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

But how is not possible?

teenadvice.com said it was. so did many other websites.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Snowflake,

We cannot possibly tell you why a site gives the information it does.

What we can tell you is that there's a lot of misinformation out there on the Internet.

For some tips on how to make sure you're getting valid information when you research something, take a look at this article.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/legit_or_unfit_finding_safe_sound_sex_educators_support_online

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

Can I call planned parenthood or something to ask them this?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean you'd like a second opinion on this from someone who works at Planned Parenthood? If so, you certainly can contact them, either by using their website online, or by calling into a local branch, to seek out that second opinion.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake_2
Neophyte
Member # 108216

But is it really just absolute impossible to have cum on your hands and then rub your vagina, and not get pregnant at all?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't say it's impossible, by any means, for someone to have fresh ejaculate on their hands, then immediately rub their vulva with it and not become pregnant. that certainly IS a scenario where it would be possible, it just would be very unlikely.

We also would certainly say that just from a standpoint of preventing infections, washing your hands after they have been covered with ejaculate is A Very Good Idea.

But what YOu asked was this: "If I had pre-cum OR cum on my fingers, and then wiped it off or licked it off and then dried my hands, and then rubbed my own vagina, could I get pregnant?"

And in that situation, we can say it's pretty darn close to impossible.

But again, if you don't feel confident with what we have said, by all means, seek out a qualified second opinion. But for now, we've more than answered these questions, so at this point, continuing to answer again and again isn't something productive. At this point, it's up to you to decide if you trust the information we have given you or not, and if not, then on you to ask elsewhere, where you do feel you can have faith in the information.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.