Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can sperm and semen travel through 4 layers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can sperm and semen travel through 4 layers?
Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mell_Bell613532     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night me and my bf got into the moment and i started grinding on him, he ejaculated and pulled me down onto him really hard... Could sperm travel through his boxers and gym shorts then my cotton panties and yoga shorts and cause pregnancy? When we were done i couldnt tell if he soaked through his shorts or not, my yoga shorts felt damp but i couldnt tell if it was from being hot and sweating or from my own wetness. I'm really worried, i'm a virgin and this is the closest i've ever come to sex, I'm petrified i might get pregnant. My period is due Aug 16, according to my calendar I'm not fertile or ovulating but idk if it's right. What are my chances of pregnancy? Should I go get the morning after oil?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mell_Bell613532 and welcome to Scarleteen,

Have you taken a look through this guide to what is and isn't a pregnancy risk?

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mell_Bell613532     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So even though he ejaculated its still considered dry, safe sex?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

because his semen may have soaked through his gym shorts, im not sure if it got on me or not bc my shorts were black, and damp from being hot and my own wetness, wouldnt that provide the enviroment for the sperm to live and get through?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does the article say about sexual activity when people are wearing clothes?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

No risk, unless only one partner is wearing a very thin garment that allows for some direct genital contact, like a thong, or there is accidental fluid contact. In those cases, there may be low risk.
Since he may have soaked through a little and my shorts were damp does that mean there was fluid contact?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No, fluid contact is when bare genitals come into contact or fluid from one person's genitals came into contact with the other person's bare genitals.

If there was a risk with multiple layers of clothes, we would have said so. [Smile]

I also wanted to address something else you said. you said that this is the closest you've come to sex. I'm thinking that you meant intercourse.

The reality though is that it's all sex; there is a wide variety of sexual activities.

Take a look:
What's Sex?

--------------------
Robin

Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

Thank you so much, you have really put my mind at ease! I was freaking out all night, having nightmares, i hardly slept but now i can take a deep breath of relief! I can definitely say I'll be a lot more careful and that I KNOW im not ready for intercourse. Ad you helped me understand it a lot more instead of just giving me an answer you helped me see it for myself [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome.

And yes, we definitely try to help people learn the answers for themselves so they have the tools they need to make decisions in the future.

I'm glad this was helpful to you.

--------------------
Robin

Mell_Bell613532
Neophyte
Member # 108205

quote:
Originally posted by Mell_Bell613532:
Last night me and my bf got into the moment and i started grinding on him, he ejaculated and pulled me down onto him really hard... Could sperm travel through his boxers and gym shorts then my cotton panties and yoga shorts and cause pregnancy? When we were done i couldnt tell if he soaked through his shorts or not, my yoga shorts felt damp but i couldnt tell if it was from being hot and sweating or from my own wetness. I'm really worried, i'm a virgin and this is the closest i've ever come to sex, I'm petrified i might get pregnant. My period is due Aug 16, according to my calendar I'm not fertile or ovulating but idk if it's right. What are my chances of pregnancy? Should I go get the morning after pil?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Did you mean to repost your question here?

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.