Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Birth control - no condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control - no condom
Adrianna_paige
Neophyte
Member # 108174

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Adrianna_paige     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I have currently been on the pill for two months. The first month I was on beyaz, and I switched to occella on my second month. Two weeks after I started taking beyaz, I had sex for the first time without a condom. Me and my boyfriend have had sex multiple times since then, without a condom.

On my first pack of pills (beyaz) my period came two weeks early. But on my current pack (occella) I am on my last week on pills and my period haven't came yet. Is this normal? I am worried that I am pregnant.

I take my pills at the same time every day, with the exception of a few days where I took the pill 3-4 hours later.

I haven't been able to sleep for a few days, and I am very anxious. I'm not sure what to do. I would like to sleep good again. So I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Adrianna_paige and welcome to Scarleteen,

it's not unusual, when starting the birth control pill, for the withdrawal bleed (which is what we call a period for someone on the pill) to do some funny things during the first few months of pill-taking.

What point are you at in your inactive (also called placebo) pill week?

I'm giving you here some information about the pill, which includes its effectiveness rates.

Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

You do always have the option of testing for pregnancy.

Here's some information about pregnancy testing, including when to take a test.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

I also want to check in with you about whether you and your boyfriend are both up-to-date on your STI testing. Intercourse without condoms puts both of you at risk of transmitting STIs, so it's important for both of you to be tested so you know your own, and each other's, STI status.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrianna_paige
Neophyte
Member # 108174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrianna_paige     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just stared my inactive pill week yesterday. And me and my boyfriend were both virgins, so I don't think we have to worry about STDs and stuff.

Thank you for your help

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you say you and your boyfriend were both virgins, do you mean that you both didn't engage in any sort of sexual activity with other people, or just that you didn't engage in intercourse with other people?

A withdrawal bleed can come at any point during the inactive pill week. Again, it's not unusual for withdrawal bleeds to be erratic, or to not show up at all, within the first few months of taking the pill.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrianna_paige
Neophyte
Member # 108174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrianna_paige     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I say we were virgins I did mean that we both didn't engage in any sexual activity with other people.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.