Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » It never goes away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It never goes away
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 8 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my last post, I described my situation in depth and ended on the note that I was waiting for my period. Well, I got my period on the 30th. Yay, right? Yeah, not with me. I'll still worry regardless of all the factors pointing in my favor in avoidance of a pregnancy. My period finally ended today, but now i'm feeling really nauseated. I woke up around 5:30 and upon standing, I was so dizzy. I couldn't manage to go about my morning as normal, so I stayed home. I haven't thrown up, but the feeling still remains.

I am going to buy another HPT (The first one was negative and I DID take it within an appropriate timeframe to detect the hormone) soon since I read that you can get your period even while you're pregnant. Does this seem like the case? It's like my stress for something that happened over a month ago will never end.

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnant people don't menstruate, but some do have some other kinds of vaginal bleeding with pregnancy.

However, pregnancy people also don't test negative for pregnancy.

Therefore, you can know this isn't you. You did test negative, so you are not pregnant. If you have had what feels, looks and seems like a period to you, what you likely had was your period.

If it feels like you can't get past this, or let go of fears or hard feeling with this, then you can know this is an emotional issue, not an issue of being pregnant. And if it just won't go away, or you can't resolve those feelings, then the next best step is a mental healthcare provider.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mental healthcare provider--...I don't think this issue will stem so far, haha.

There's just always that slim doubt in my mind knowing that things aren't 100% effective or reliable. I have to now go through what else could have gotten me sick since i've developed a fever since posting this.

Thanks, Heather!

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for sure, we have whatever percect of risk there is from the method or methods we use. That's less doubt than it is facts.

But then what we need to do is look at what that is, accept it, and decide if we're comfortable with that, and can deal with that or not.

If so, and we choose to engage in sex, that means we can sit with that % of risk, and even if we have some worries around it, process them, let them go, or live with them.

If we are NOT comfortable with that, or those facts aren't things we can live with, then we opt out of taking those risks (having sex, in this case), until or unless we feel differently.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been very comfortable with the risks because nothing bad ever happened. Having the condom break was the very first time for me in 3 years of my sexual life.

I will try to keep your words in mind and remind myself of the solid facts that I do have in my favor.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.