Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Two questions about bleeding??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two questions about bleeding??
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I have two questions about implantation bleeding.

First of all, is it possible to have it twice? Say, you got pregnant and then you had implantation bleeding that month, and then without a pregnancy risk the next, also the next month? Is that possible? well actually, both were in the same month technically, one was in early july, one was in late july.

Also, can there be clots? You guys have been talking about how its pretty light, but people on other sites said they had like heavy bleeding/clots etc, and still ended up being pregnant? My period I was worrying about was around 5 days long (near the end it was VERY light) and I passed a few clots on one of the days. I only soaked the entire pad on one day, and I wore it for the whole day. I use those skinny always infinity pads. Does this sound like implantation bleeding to you?

[ 08-04-2013, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: OliveCon ]

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That term, just so you know, is pretty iffy and not something you'll generally find in medical literature, but instead, only or mostly on user-driven web content.

If and when first-trimester bleeding happens when the egg is implanting in the uterus after an ovum has been fertilized: it only happens once, because implantation only happens once. And that kind of bleeding generally is so light and short as to go unnoticed, but if it is, is very light spotting over a day or two, at a max.

I don't know what "other sites" are, but if we are not talking about credible sites where information posted is moderated and fact-checked, asking about that, or asking to base conversations on that, would kind of be like me asking you to have a serious talk with me to debunk claims of alien abductions because I read people talking about them on Yahoo Answers, okay?

People do sometimes have bleeding when they are pregnant. Now and then, it resembles a period, but that's not common. And when those people take pregnancy tests? They are positive. Sometimes, too, people miscalculate -- often, I'd say -- when they became pregnant, thinking they were pregnant before they actually were. I strongly suspect people making some of the claims you are talking about are people who, indeed, had menstrual periods, and became pregnant AFTER those periods, not before.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, people who become pregnant? Only become pregnant from the ways people realistically can.

As we've explained in your previous post, manual sex -- like handjobs, or fingering -- are not one of those ways.

So, worrying about what sounds like a period may have been "implantation bleeding" in this case, or others like it, is kind of like worrying about having ebola when you haven't ever gone anywhere where you could have been exposed to it in the first place.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so what you're saying is implantation bleeding only happens once, so since I had two bleeding, i know for sure it is a period. Even if both happened in the same month?? I thought it was strange that they were so close together when in my cycle, my periods are usually very far apart, sometimes up to 35 days!
Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

How many years now have you had your periods for?

I ask that because one you have had them for decades, you're going to know that menstrual cycles and patterns change up sometimes. In a lifetime, usually many times. They are part of your body, which isn't a machine, so they aren't going to work like one where they are always the same or similar every time.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

ive had my period for around 4 years. ever since two periods ago, its gotten quite light. but this is normal you say?
Heather
Member # 3

So, you're new to periods: believe me, in time, you'll observe changes like this WAY more than once.

It's also common for periods to get a bit lighter and less painful after the first few years.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.