Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Blood in Urine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood in Urine
wanderlusting
Neophyte
Member # 96408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderlusting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I posted last night that I had found a tinge of blood on toilet paper after peeing. Turns out, my boyfriend fingered me after this, and more blood came out after when I urinated. It looks like blood from a fresh cut and sort of falls in drips that I can see in the water. I have a small cut on my inner labia and wonder if I could also have one inside. There is a very SLIGHT burning with urination, but it's no different than the sensitivity I normally feel after sex and I'm not in any type of severe pain- sitting, walking, etc. I feel perfectly fine. This all happened last night after having had fairly vigorous sex the afternoon of the day before.

I should also add that when I woke up this morning, there was no fresh blood in my urine, though it was slightly tinged. I peed again later and it was clear and only after I had a bowel movement did a couple of small drips of fresh blood come out. It now seems to be clear. I don't really have an urge to urinate frequently, etc., and I really suspect a cut, but I wanted advice on a course of action- should I wait and see if it clears up in the next day or so or is another course of action preferable? Thank you.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, since you do have a visible cut, and think you may have another one you can't see, I strongly suggest that you avoid sexual activity involving your vulva for a few days until things heal up. more physical activity is just going to exacerbate the injuries, just as would happen if another part of your body was injured and the injury got rubbed or irritated in some way.

Certainly, blood in your urine could be a sign of a urinary tract infection, but since the bleeding seems to be directly connected, timing-wise, to sexual activity, and you're not feeling any other discomfort, it seems to me that you can probably wait to see if things heal up on their own.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.