Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » This will probably sound dumb, but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This will probably sound dumb, but...
Cassidy
Neophyte
Member # 108059

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Cassidy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, so almost 3 weeks ago, my boyfriend and I both tried "manual sex" with our hands (he fingered me, I gave him a handjob) and we also did mutual masturbation.

And lately, I've been paranoid because one of us *might* of had some precum on our fingers. I definitely felt some, but I can't exactly remember if I wiped it off or not. I'm also pretty sure he used the same hand on me that he was using on himself... We were both wearing clothes, and we were under some blankets, so our fingers might of rubbed off then.

We did this quite a bit, like seriously 2 times a day over a week. I have been on birth control pills for a little over a year now, and I even started my period last friday and everything seemed normal. But for some reason, I'm still paranoid. I feel very bloated, I've been having upper abdominal pain, and some random cramping throughout my lower abdomen. (Which all can be from my excessive worrying about this)

Can someone please help?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There Cassidy and Welcome to Scarleteen,

I think this article on pregnancy risks can help you clear up some of this confusion.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It's worth remembering too that bloating and abdominal discomfort can happen with periods. [Smile]

If you're thinking that those might be symptoms of pregnancy, know that symptoms of pregnancy just don't show up in a matter of weeks after sexual activity.

Added to that, when someone gets a period, it means they're not pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There Cassidy and Welcome to Scarleteen,

I think this article on pregnancy risks can help you clear up some of this confusion.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It's worth remembering too that bloating and abdominal discomfort can happen with periods. [Smile]

If you're thinking that those might be symptoms of pregnancy, know that symptoms of pregnancy just don't show up in a matter of weeks after sexual activity.

Added to that, when someone gets a withdrawal bleed (which is what we call a period when someone is on birth control pills), it means they're not pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassidy
Neophyte
Member # 108059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassidy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. [Smile]

I have read that article, but I just wanted to ask because I'm so paranoid. So do you think all of my symptoms (Fatigue, abdominal pain, some slight discharge, random cramps, slight back pain) could be from stressing out over it?

I have been reading wayyyy too much on the internet, lol.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Have you seen this article? If not, have a read.

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
Robin

Cassidy
Neophyte
Member # 108059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassidy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I read it.

So do you think I should be fine? Is there really any risk with what I did?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, let's start here.

Based on what you read, do you think you have any risks?

--------------------
Robin

Cassidy
Neophyte
Member # 108059

Not really, especially since I'm on birth control, and like you've said, I had a withdrawal bleed.

I'm just way too paranoid about the cramps I've been having. [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, then, you can know that whatever these cramps are, they're not pregnancy related.

Do you typically get cramps with your withdrawal bleed?

Remember too that the reproductive organs aren't the only organs in the abdomen. So, abdominal cramps can also be, among other things, from digestive issues.

If the cramping persists, or is uncomfortable or painful for you, your soundest option would be to seek the advice of a healthcare provider.

--------------------
Robin

Cassidy
Neophyte
Member # 108059

I stopped bleeding on Monday.

Anyways, it could be something else, since I know I have gallbladder problems.

I'll try to ask about it.

Thanks for your help! [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

you're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.