Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » A couple of questions regarding pregnancy risks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple of questions regarding pregnancy risks
Ollandert
Neophyte
Member # 107625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ollandert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I ask my questions, I'd like to say how amazing this site is. I've read the suggested articles about pregnancy and they have helped me, but a small amount of doubt still exists.

A couple weeks ago I was being rather foolish with my girlfriend and I ended up fingering her. I had clothes on and remained buttoned the entire time but I have been unable to shake the feeling the somehow some way I managed to get her pregnant through that action. I am very aware of how babies are created but still that feeling is there. I did not ejaculate, however I do not know if any pre-ejaculate came out. My reasoning (although I admit it is slightly irrational) is that the pre ejaculate managed to seep through my shorts, get on my hand, and subsequently make her pregnant. It's quite a long shot, I know. Despite this, I have been unable to shake my fears.

Is there any reason for me to be worried at all?

There is conflicting evidence regarding the ability of pre ejaculate to impregnate someone. The most previous time I had ejaculated was 48 hours prior to this occurrence. Is there a definite answer regarding this issue?

Furthermore, I have informed my parents of this issue. They think my fears are a result of a combination of guilt and a family history of obsessive compulsive disorder. Does this make sense at all?

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Ollandert! Glad to hear you've found the site useful so far [Wink]

It sounds like you already know the answer to your question. Another look at this article should confirm it for you: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

It is great that you have been able to talk to your parents about this! How do YOU feel about your suggestions? Are you experiencing any guilt? Do you experience a lot of anxiety in other areas of your life, or just around pregnancy risks?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ollandert and welcome to Scarleteen,

Can you fill us in on what doubt still exists since you have read the articles about pregnancy risks? The information we would give you about what is and isn't a pregnancy risk is the same as what you've read in the articles, so it would be helpful to know what is confusing to you.

Also, have you seen the article linked below?

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Is having anxious feelings something that is usual for you? Is obsessive compulsive disorder something you've been diagnosed with by a qualified healthcare provider? No one can say if you have that except for a qualified healthcare provider--not us, not your parents, not anyone.

[ 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollandert
Neophyte
Member # 107625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ollandert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your responses! Sorry I couldn't get back until now.

In answer to your questions, I think I'm just suffering from paranoia about this whole issue. I know it's irrational and your site has quelled my fears. They've sort of cropped back up because my girlfriend's period is due soon and I'm anxiously awaiting it just to have utter finality on this issue.

My parents obviously weren't terribly thrilled when I brought this up but they have been very helpful in calming me down. In regards to your question, no I have not been medically diagnosed with OCD. The point they were making was just that anxiety tends to run in the family. They're not too typical but definitely not unheard of. I do feel guilty because I know it was a breech in my own personal code of ethics and morals and I don't think it's fitting with what I want to do with my life.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. I'm glad you've found the information here to be helpful.

You know, you always have the choice to not engage in these sexual activities again until or if you feel like doing so is more in line with what you want. In other words, you can choose what you do going forward. Have you and your girlfriend discussed this, and discussed what you're both comfortable with?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollandert
Neophyte
Member # 107625

We haven't talked yet but I've been planning to do so soon. I think it's more than I want to take part in at this point.

Sorry for being redundant, but there's absolutely NO way that a pregnancy could happen, correct?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.