Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I trust my doctor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I trust my doctor?
aarthi
Neophyte
Member # 48761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aarthi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Scarleteen...well to begin with some background tings that might help...

I have this very bad habit of constantly playing with my nipples...Never realized how I caught this habit and the next thing I knew almost everytime I was playing with my own nipples and breasts...

And also, my husband always likes to play with my nipples during foreplay and thats also what arouses me more...and he always has this habit of eating his fingers coz of which sometimes his fingers are rought...

We had foreplay on the last friday evening and sat and sunday I was fine ( but of course still playing with my own nipples) but Monday I felt a slight burning sensation in my nipples on the left side ( the side that I always ondle with and the side my husband always fondles with too ).....

I went to the gyneacologist yesterday just to be sure...and she looked at my breasts and told me I was fine and she didn't see anything abnormal....She told me to use a cream Bepanthen and she told me in case my breasts end up aching I shud stop fiddling with my breasts and leave it alone for a while...

I notice a small red I would not say cut but rather a small like a tear on the top of my nipple....I can see some red inside thats why i am guessing its a small scar...when i spread the top of my nipple I see a small red area....

She is a lovely doctor and has a world of experience behind her...

But the problem is I feel worried and in the process I guess I keep feeling my breasts to see if they are fine and i guess i am worsening it....to add there are no lumps, no discharge nothing....

am i just worrying too much?

Posts: 28 | From: Germany | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see any reason not to trust your doctor.

I suspect -- and maybe she said this, too -- that the tissue of your nipples may just be more raw from so much touch and contact. That's probably why she suggested you try and adjust how much you're messing with them in a given day. [Smile] I'd suggest the same.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarthi
Neophyte
Member # 48761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aarthi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot Heather...that was a comforting reply....I don't know...I get so worked up reading scary stuff on the internet...and even if an inch of my breast aches or my nipples burn, I start imagining the worst....

But she also said in case my breasts begin to ache...I shud stop fiddling with them....which means she already had a hindsight that this would eventually follow? Because here and there I feel some slight aches but not severe ones and all...May be my breasts are indirectly yelling at me "Can you stop touching us for a while?".

I don't know how to stop this habit of fiddling with my nipples...need to find a way to get over this....

Posts: 28 | From: Germany | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you just need to find something else to do with your fingers?

One thing that is often on the table at conferences anymore is a pile of pipe cleaners: they seem to be a good way for people sitting for hours who need to keep their hands busy to do that. But that's only one possibility of many.

Let's said aside the internet-scary. Do you do breast self-exams once a month or so? Get regular healthcare? If you do, then really, you're already doing what we can do to find out about any possible breast health issues.

But breasts also will tingle or ache often enough for no reason other than the fact that they are full of glands and nerve endings. They often are often pretty sensitive to even small changes in our bodies or environments, like changes in temperature, or hormonal shifts. So, simply feeling them, or having them not always feel the same doesn't mean something is the matter.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarthi
Neophyte
Member # 48761

Self exam...well Heather...every time I keep feeling my nipples and my breasts, I end up doing a self exam....lol jokes apart, yes every time I undress for a shower, I look closely to see if there are any lumps, discharges etc.....

And late last year I had been to the same gyneacologist once for a similar issue....a red scar in the nipple during which she had examined my breasts...and I had a check up in 2011 too....

Its just that I worry too much I gues......And may be my husband shud be gentler on me [Smile] ....

And also now....everytime, I always have this temptation to feel my nipples to see ...Oh do they burn any more? But now for the last few hr I am resisting it.....

Even this time I felt absolutely no lumps r discharge and even the doctor she didn't take much time to tell me nothing is abnormal...guess she was just looking for lumps or discharges....thanks a lot Heather....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.