Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused about period.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused about period.
NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NoName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my body is doing something very weird. I wanna start off by saying that my cycle is very very consistent. It is almost always 28 days, give or take a couple days. I have many signs of ovulation each month that are also consistent, along with PMS a week or so later that is also consistent. Basically, I know my cycle like the back of my hand. So, I've been getting my regular pms symptoms for the past 5 days or so and I could tell by the way I was feeling that I was going to start my period any day now. Sunday night, my boyfriend gave me manual sex. He wasn't actually inside me very long but I would say it went on at least for 20 minutes overall. During this, I started feeling what felt like "contractions." Menstrual cramping basically. It is the kind of cramping that I can distinguish from anything else. After he was done, I wiped some blood afterwards. It wasn't fresh blood, it was like a light red color which looks exactly like the beginning of my period does, every single time. From then on, I still have breast soreness and my stomach still has a dull ache at the bottom like I'm bout to start but the thing is, other than wiping that one time, I haven't bled since.

I can't figure out what is going on. I am 100 percent sure the blood wasn't from him hurting me, as we have done this 1000000 times in the past 9 years. I know what my period feels and looks like and I am positive that was it. Why would it just "stop" all of a sudden like that? I am getting frustrated that it isn't going to start back up and I'm worried because it's never happened before. I am on day 25 right now, which isn't out of the realm of normal but I already feel my breast tenderness letting up, which usually happens a couple of days after I already start. My theory is that well, I hardly ever have any sexual activity that close to my period because I generally don't want to. Could it be that it being so close to my period, that all the penetration and such caused pre mature uterine contractions that let out a little blood before it was ready? I hope that is the case but I am not sure. Any ideas what could have happened? (Also want to add there isn't any possibility of std or infection as we have both been tested and have been monogamous for 9 years, not have I had any other symptoms).

Posts: 172 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps rather than starting and stopping, it simply hasn't really started yet?

Sometimes, before periods begin, the uterus will start doing it's thing, only creating a tiny amount of flow or "old flow" sloughing, and when that happens, it often isn't something you'll even see.

But, if you're engaging in any kind of sex -- especially where you're excited enough your uterus will contract with *that*, then you might see that flow when you wouldn't otherwise.

I'd suggest just waiting this out. I don't see any cause for concern here, especially since, as you've made clear, there's still nothing unusual about not starting your flow yet.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess I posted prematurely Heather because I just checked and it just started, and is flowing heavily now. That is the weirdest thing ever. What you are saying makes sense though. I have never been pregnant but I swear it felt like contractions, and it was so uncomfortable, I asked him to stop penetrating me. After this ordeal, I don't think I will be trying any activity that close to my period again. My poor boyfriend will be happy to hear this because he was afraid he might of hurt me even though I was sure he didn't. Thanks for the info Heather. If nothing else, this post might be useful to others who visit here as I couldn't find another post quite like mine when I checked. Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 172 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I figured was about to happen. [Smile]

It's really not weird. And honestly,what you might have been feeling is just a strong orgasm on the way, paired with the start of menstrual cramps. It happens. (And it's okay if it's not something you like and want top shy away from in the future, too.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.